Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firearm storage model 3 [and other firearms discussion]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator note: Some posts moved to the gun quarantine thread. Discussions about logistics relating to the vehicle are permitted but meandering into philosophical and political arguments about guns are not. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding.

Emphasizing trigger guard protection is perfectly germane to a holster recommendation thread

You are over-moderating

I’ve used wilderness tactical safe packers on the seatbelt of my cars, for years. I get a piece of Velcro to blind the hook side, so that I do not abrade the seat belt.

What I can’t find, is a secure way to lock my briefcase up, etc.

Emphasizing trigger guard protection is perfectly germane to a holster recommendation thread

You are over-moderating

This whole forum is over moderated. You can tell the mods are blues from California. Worst forum on the internet, but there is some good people and info on here.

Anyways I still haven’t really found anything to work well. She now carries a big purse for work that fits a Glock 19 very easily.

On a side note we were told not to use magnetic mounts, as the magnet can often affect the trigger pin.

And if you can’t carry loaded, what the point? The bad guys keep them loaded.

Moderator note: Some posts moved to the gun quarantine thread. Discussions about logistics relating to the vehicle are permitted but meandering into philosophical and political arguments about guns are not. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding.

This makes no sense. I actually said where I store my firearm, and it was quarantined, yet the photoshopped aston arsenal, where the poster actually said he has nothing to contribute other than a chopped photo, remains?

This makes no sense. I actually said where I store my firearm, and it was quarantined, yet the photoshopped aston arsenal, where the poster actually said he has nothing to contribute other than a chopped photo, remains?

(moderator note)
I agree that post should be moved as well, so I moved it. I didnt move the first posts but fully support @ohmman in this. In fact, I likely would have taken a bit more drastic action, because its almost impossible to have a "gun" thread that doesnt turn into some mud slinging. See the post above yours, from @adrianp89 .

The minute someone starts talking about "red state" "blue state" that turns into a political discussion, or, at the minimum, a discussion on "why do you need a gun" or " I want to be able to shoot the bad guys"

As @ohmman said, the general topic of where to put it, etc, would be allowed, no discussion about anything other than that, though.

The interwebs crack me up. @jjrandorin and @DSolie, where in @ohmman’s moderator note statement did my attempt at a comic-relief post violate? It was not insinuating anything whatsoever. Frankly I don’t care that you “quarantined” that post as much as I thought how pathetic it is that you found that offensive. Have a nice evening.

It was basically the same as the yosemite sam post which I also moved. It was basically making fun guns in cars, and it got moved to prevent more discussion about whether that is acceptable or not.

I am answering you assuming it was a serious question. If you didnt care about it being quarantined, you wouldnt have posted about not caring about it being quarantined... so I am providing an answer as to why I agreed that it likely should be moved.

Reactions: Jamezam
It was basically the same as the yosemite sam post which I also moved. It was basically making fun guns in cars, and it got moved to prevent more discussion about whether that is acceptable or not.

I am answering you assuming it was a serious question. If you didnt care about it being quarantined, you wouldnt have posted about not caring about it being quarantined... so I am providing an answer as to why I agreed that it likely should be moved.
I for one thought that was hilarious. Then again, I do laugh at my jokes.

The interwebs crack me up. @jjrandorin and @DSolie, where in @ohmman’s moderator note statement did my attempt at a comic-relief post violate? It was not insinuating anything whatsoever. Frankly I don’t care that you “quarantined” that post as much as I thought how pathetic it is that you found that offensive. Have a nice evening.

I never said your post was offensive. I liked it actually. I was just trying to find out how @ohmman drew his line, because it's not how he stated publicly it was drawn, since your post remained (past tense now). As you may be able to tell from my profile photo.. I like the pew-pews.

But, to keep this topic on topic and from being put into quarantine, to the OP.

If you need a place to put your firearm while you are driving (and you don't want to keep it in your holster), then the Gun Magnet mounts will work pretty well. I have found they never hold the pistol just right though, and even though they are non-marring... It'll still scratch it up over time (dust, holster lint etc). The Alien Gear or physical holster mounts are too bulky IMO for the smaller footwell of the Teslas.

If you are looking for a place to store it in your car while going into a place you can't carry (or just to have a car gun), the Vaultek Lifepod is a low profile box that can fit under your seat. It comes with a security cable as well, if you want to secure the box to the seat frame some how.

I've also noticed that, at least in the rear of my Model X (5-seater), that the false floor where the 3rd row goes is a fantastic place for a bug-out board. 24x30 MOLLE kit that can hold a plethora of items. I have mine outfitted with my get home bag/pack, and then loops for my SBR and other items I deem appropriate. The board can easily go in and out depending on what's happening in my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: gigawatt1010
I’m a retired LEO and just ordered a Model 3 and started looking up gun safe storage for when I’m not allowed to carry in a Federal building or land. It looks like Console vault is coming to the rescue for this. Here is there link and it says Tesla coming soon. I own a console vault already for my SUV and they are perfect for California legal gun storage requirements in vehicles.

I love the storage areas in the center console. I just keep mine sitting pointing forward in my pocket holster in the forward storage bin and with one tap on that cover, the lid pops right open and my hand is right on it, and it is not openly visible that way.
How do you have the pocket holster mounted to the inside? I prefer to keep mine there too.

Seems like as good a day to get banned from TMC as any 😁
20210623_092954.jpg

Seems massively unnecessary. Just put the pistol in a holster and put the whole thing in the center console or glovebox.

If you're carrying because you're police or for some odd personal reason, the gun should be in a holster on you.

Better yet, leave the guns at home in a locked container where they belong. If transporting, a locked case in the trunk or backseat is good. That's how I handle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.