Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firearm storage model 3 [and other firearms discussion]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't such arms has to be stored in a lockable locker or have a lock protection
when at home or inside a car in case they are stolen or if a kid plays with them?
Depends on your state/country. Here in Canada we can technically ride around with unsecured non-restricted guns in the cabin, but they must be unloaded and in your direct control (you can't leave them in there unattended for example). I usually try to refrain from doing this, as there are too many paranoid people out there who freak at the sight of a gun. In some US states, you can ride around with a loaded gun beside you and it's a-ok. Might not even raise eyebrows depending on how educated the local populace is about firearms.

Depends on your state/country. Here in Canada we can technically
ride around with unsecured non-restricted guns in the cabin,
but they must be unloaded and in your direct control
(you can't leave them in there unattended for example).
Just thinking how many times I left my phone charging inside my car... and thus my car still open ready to be driven !!!

I usually try to refrain from doing this, as there are too many paranoid people out there
who freak at the sight of a gun.
In some US states, you can ride around with a loaded gun beside you and it's a-ok.
Might not even raise eyebrows depending on how educated the local populace is about firearms.
Well, better not get involved in any kind of road rage then...

Last edited:
Don't such arms has to be stored in a lockable locker or have a lock protection
when at home or inside a car in case they are stolen or if a kid plays with them?

Not in most US states, no.... last I knew only 11 required safe storage of firearms under lock or some kind generally.

A larger number (but still not a huge %) include some liability (though sometimes just a slap on the wrist) if a kid gets illegal access to a gun you owned, but doesn't require you to lock it up in advance.

There's also potential constitutional issues with storage laws depending how draconian they are (DCs famously was throw out in the Heller case for example as essentially making the gun useless for self defense- but that's getting into the weeds a bit)

Just thinking how many times I left my phone charging inside my car... and thus my car still open ready to be driven !!!

Well, better not get involved in any kind of road rage then...

dic-heads will be dic-heads. with or without, likely that person isn't a law-abiding person aka a criminal. pulling a gun is a good way to get killed, even if your finger is out of the guard.
Man *sugar* like this is exactly why I carry and is also exactly why we need more gun control. Psychopaths like this shouldn't have access to a firearm. Also this person should have def reported the plate to police. This guy is liable to end up killing someone else in the future.
100% chance this guy is some sort of criminal, not even counting gun issues. Or, I guess seriously mentally ill. Pulling a gun anytime you aren't really going to use it is kind of like Russian roulette.

Reactions: Saturday
Soooo true!
But as long as you can walk in to a gun show and walk out with a gun and no background check the problem still hangs. Don't keep mine in the car, our state lets us open carry or concealed with permit.

Being "at a gun show" has nothing to do with that.

Most states don't require background checks for private sales, no matter where they happen.

Soooo true!
But as long as you can walk in to a gun show and walk out with a gun and no background check the problem still hangs. Don't keep mine in the car, our state lets us open carry or concealed with permit.
where can you go to a gun show and walk out with a gun no background check? I think you are conflating private sales between citizens vs. buying from a registered dealer. Registered dealers must complete a background check by Federal Law, for each sale, and private citizen to private citizen transactions - well the legality differs by state. The P2P transaction can happen, if legal in that state, regardless of whether or not one is at a gun show, rendering the gun show 'loophole' a moot argument. The belief that one can simply walk into a gun show and leave with a gun and no background check is a common fallacy.

Not a fallacy at all, I know for a fact I can walk into the next gun show and walk out with a gun.
Tons of private sellers with nice collections, I have done it myself only because it was a collector gun
that I got the urge to buy. Sure I could of done it privately in somebodies house but at the Gun show the selection is too much better.

Not a fallacy at all, I know for a fact I can walk into the next gun show and walk out with a gun.

In exactly the same way you can do that without being at a gun show at all? Sure.

Which is why mentioning the gun show at all makes 0 sense but people keep doing it.

Armslist and similar sites usually have a much better selection than any gun show for private party sales, and you can do the transaction in a public location if you're especially paranoid... (our local sheriffs offices offer internet sales safe spots for example).

Mention Gun Show because thats were they are much more readily available for the guy that does not want to leave an internet foot print about his/her purchase. The online selection sure is bigger and if no ground check is done there then it should also be illegal.

Need to keep guns away from the nut bags.

Reactions: Saturday
Man *sugar* like this is exactly why I carry and is also exactly why we need more gun control. Psychopaths like this shouldn't have access to a firearm. Also this person should have def reported the plate to police. This guy is liable to end up killing someone else in the future.

he was caught and arrested iirc he even had his child in the car with him

Mention Gun Show because thats were they are much more readily available for the guy that does not want to leave an internet foot print about his/her purchase.

...wut?

Armslist is like craigslist for guns. People just list private firearms for sale. The actual purchase isn't done online.

You meet up someplace in person and do the sale in person (typically for cash).

M
The online selection sure is bigger and if no ground check is done there then it should also be illegal.

Need to keep guns away from the nut bags.

In most states a background check is not legally required for a private firearms sale.

Regardless of the location the sale takes place.

It's that simple.

There's nothing special, magical, or different about a "gun show" compared to any other physical location in such a state- despite the propaganda suggesting otherwise.

If you're some old get off my lawn type that doesn't know how the intertubes work I suppose a gun show is a fine option to pay an admission fee to browse a tiny selection of private sale guns.

For anyone else online will be a lot better selection, likely better pricing, and you don't have to pay to get in or deal with crowds while browsing.

The law for a private sale at either place, as mentioned, is exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.