Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firestone alignment damaged rim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, I am kind of at a loss here and am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I took my car to Firestone tonight to get an alignment, purchasing their "lifetime alignment" for my model 3. Well, when I got home, I noticed that tire pressure was put at 42 (I normally have it around 38), so I went to fill the tires and all was good until i got to the rear passenger tire (see photos below). I called and went back immediately and will speak with the manager tomorrow morning. I park my car at work alone and away from curbs, and this damage wasn't there prior to taking it to Firestone. Also, they left me a nice oil fingerprint that I managed to get rid of after a half hour of work. I was just wondering though, how in the hell they could have damaged the rim this bad during an alignment? Has anyone else had an
IMG_0309.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
experience like this?

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
The rim looks like it also has road rash in the same area as the damage. Are you saying that they also did the damage that looks like road rash? If so, that’s really piss poor service. How could they even let you drive off with a rim that looks like it could fall apart any minute? I wonder if the rim is even repairable at this point?

Reactions: EdisonDrvr
The rim looks like it also has road rash in the same area as the damage. Are you saying that they also did the damage that looks like road rash? If so, that’s really piss poor service. How could they even let you drive off with a rim that looks like it could fall apart any minute? I wonder if the rim is even repairable at this point?
It’s completely repairable.

Yeah, it seemed to be a careless job all around, hence the oily fingerprint. I know they took it for a drive prior to the alignment. But, I am not sure how in the hell that this happened. All that I know is that it wasn't like that when I dropped it off. Not quite sure what to do here. And I think that the rim is toast. It looks to me like it needs to be replaced and repainted.

Thanks, CK. Good to know. I wasn't sure if it is because of the plastic coming off the rim. No, no worries, you aren't being a dick. No one has driven the car except for me. I just gave it a full wash on Sunday. And saw that side of the car when I was coming out of my office tonight, prior to taking it in to Firestone.

Yeah, it seemed to be a careless job all around, hence the oily fingerprint. I know they took it for a drive prior to the alignment. But, I am not sure how in the hell that this happened. All that I know is that it wasn't like that when I dropped it off. Not quite sure what to do here. And I think that the rim is toast. It looks to me like it needs to be replaced and repainted.
I know it’s a stretch, but by any chance did you have dashcam recording on during the repair and test drive?

Thanks, CK. Good to know. I wasn't sure if it is because of the plastic coming off the rim. No, no worries, you aren't being a dick. No one has driven the car except for me. I just gave it a full wash on Sunday. And saw that side of the car when I was coming out of my office tonight, prior to taking it in to Firestone.
100-150 to a wheel repair company and you will never know it was scratched. Perfectly safe and done all the time.

Nothing to worry about.

Oh awesome to know! Thanks, CK!!! I will just take it to the place that powder coated them to begin with to see what they say. I appreciate your help there!
If they are powder coated it’s a bigger process.

They need to be repaired, then re powder coated.

Or have the wheel repair company paint them to match the powder coat.

As you can tell I’ve sold a lot of wheel repairs in my life lmao

Hi folks, I am kind of at a loss here and am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I took my car to Firestone tonight to get an alignment, purchasing their "lifetime alignment" for my model 3. Well, when I got home, I noticed that tire pressure was put at 42 (I normally have it around 38), so I went to fill the tires and all was good until i got to the rear passenger tire (see photos below). I called and went back immediately and will speak with the manager tomorrow morning. I park my car at work alone and away from curbs, and this damage wasn't there prior to taking it to Firestone. Also, they left me a nice oil fingerprint that I managed to get rid of after a half hour of work. I was just wondering though, how in the hell they could have damaged the rim this bad during an alignment? Has anyone else had an View attachment 418278 View attachment 418279 experience like this?
Good luck on damage. 38psi is too low