Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, is everyone in Hk on the same firmware version. I notice N America is getting updates but I havent seen any updates since picking up the car in early November which was the version before the autopilot upgrade.

Just curious, is everyone in Hk on the same firmware version. I notice N America is getting updates but I havent seen any updates since picking up the car in early November which was the version before the autopilot upgrade.

I think this thread can help bring you up to speed on the firmware situation:
Tesla disables autopilot in hk - just happened, very disappointing - Page 5

My understanding is you'll be stuck on v6.2 as Tesla has put on hold the roll-out of v7.0 in HK given the issues with TD.

Version 7 is autopilot software, except that we are being denied it by a TD that seems to know better than the civilised world. They almost certainly will release 7.1 since there are improvements in that. If HK is going to be held back in the dark ages without AP then it will be a specific 7.1 version.

Version 7 is autopilot software, except that we are being denied it by a TD that seems to know better than the civilised world. They almost certainly will release 7.1 since there are improvements in that. If HK is going to be held back in the dark ages without AP then it will be a specific 7.1 version.

Its not just Autopilot software, there is also a user interface re-design. I do not have autopilot. However, if I DID have autopilot, I would want to make sure that the user interface re-design (especially the dash display) still has the dial and not the image of the car which would become useless without autopilot being enabled.

I have a pre-autopilot car and I have 7.0 (I guess I was lucky to have updated it before they took it down). Both the circular dial and the image of the car are visible on the dash display. The car image may look a bit gimmicky but it does serve some purpose in my book: I always used to wonder whether/when the brake lights come on, now I can tell for sure.

My car was just in to fix stupid door handle and they upgraded the firmware, still 6.2 but a newer release mainly addressing maps with additional charging details as well as improved lane change warning and auto handbrake. No difference to the dash display. The tech did mention that Tesla management were in meetings with TD on Thurs to discuss autopilot approval but no details on release.

My November delivery car still in 6.2, and 3G out of service happened frequently. And I don't like the behavior of Hill Assistance. Hope to have 7.X soon, especially urge for Hill Hold feature.

I took mine in November as well. So far, 3G has dropped off twice, a reboot took care of it. Hill hold works fine for me...my previous car had no such feature so I cannot compare. What aspect do you not like?

I took mine in November as well. So far, 3G has dropped off twice, a reboot took care of it. Hill hold works fine for me...my previous car had no such feature so I cannot compare. What aspect do you not like?

I took delivery of my car on the last day of October. I had frequent 3G loss issues and had to reboot it repeatedly (btw, I hade power save mode off and always connected checked). Then when they were fixing something on my Tesla around 3 weeks back there was a small firmware update (not 7.0) and all of a sudden I never have the 3G issue anymore. Its always connected now.

Took delivery on 7 Jan with a v7 and today got this update :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

And I didn't connect through wifi. Can't wait to experience the new changes!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    783.9 KB · Views: 57