Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will I get FSD Beta if I do a subscription today with firmware at 2023.2.12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried FSD last year for two months and for the first month, I was not able to get FSD Beta due to my firmware being higher than the FSD Beta's firmware.

After a gap of a few months, I want to try FSD again as V11 has come out. I am on 2023.2.12 and I see that both 2023.7.5 (v11.4.1) and 2023.12.10 (v 11.3.6) have FSD Beta available. Tesla is suggesting that I upgrade to 2023.12.9 but it doesn't have a matching FSD Beta release.

What will happen if I subscribe for an FSD again? Will I be upgraded to 2023.7.5 and get v 11.4.1 or will I be able to go to 2023.12.10 and get v 11.3.6? Any ideas?

What confuses me is the lower FSD Beta number (11.3.6) getting associated with the higher firmware version which I haven't seen before and makes me think that v11.4.1 is something different/limited release but I am not sure.

Thanks.

Do you mean install? Then yes. Tesla NEVER lets you do something that is WRONG like drive with the charge cable in or the car stay in gear when you get out.
Since you said NEVER, reminds me that I've been curious if the frunk will actually open while my wife is driving the car and I open it in the app. I've played around with the audio, HVAC and heated seats to her alarm before.

Upvote 0
Yesterday 5/25/23 I upgraded from 2023.6.9 to 2023.12.5 and subscribed to FSD. I did not get access to full FSD beta. This morning 5/26/23 I got the notice that 2023.12.10 was available so upgraded to that and now I have full FSD Beta.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.JPEG
    IMG_3183.JPEG
    292.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3184.JPEG
    IMG_3184.JPEG
    340.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3185.JPEG
    IMG_3185.JPEG
    307.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3186.JPEG
    IMG_3186.JPEG
    297.7 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0
Been using it for a couple days now and takes some getting used to. Feels a little rough though, sometimes too slow to react, and some times too aggresive.
Have did one drive since installed and I agree takes getting used to. I had about a year ago and can already tell this is better for sure. I agree still sometimes too slow and sometimes too aggressive so you really must pay attention. I suspect when I get more comfortable with it the feeling of aggressiveness may get less once I know what it’s trying to do and how it performs. For example it feels like it pulls out to far when preparing to pull into the road at unprotected intersections, but it’s probably just trying to get a better view. It is really amazing what it can do. I think it will eventually be fully autonomous, but still needs more time.

Upvote 0
Piggybacking on this, my car’s firmware is still 2022. If I update to the latest firmware and subscribe to FSD in about a month, will I get the latest version of Beta then? I have a road trip in a month that I want to use FSDb for, and I want to make sure I don't prematurely update car firmware because firmware version can only go up.

Upvote 0
Piggybacking on this, my car’s firmware is still 2022. If I update to the latest firmware and subscribe to FSD in about a month, will I get the latest version of Beta then? I have a road trip in a month that I want to use FSDb for, and I want to make sure I don't prematurely update car firmware because firmware version can only go up.
I was trying to do the same thing, so I held off upgrading to the latest version of software until I started hearing that more people were getting full FSD which started happening over the last few weeks. So then my plan was to subscribe to FSD while on the old software wait a day, and then upgrade the car’s main software. My hope was since I was subscribed to FSD at that time, it would not upgrade me to a software that was not compatible and I guess it worked. I subscribe to FSD, and I could not select the full FSD beta option. The next day I received notice of another car software update, and when I checked TeslaFi, I saw that update was working with full FSD beta 11.3.6 so I upgraded, and once I did, I could select the full FSD beta on the car. Not sure if this will work in every case but I can see it did work for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne and Hiline
Upvote 0