Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 1/4 mile time slip for P3D? 1.84 60 foot times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm shocked the 60' time isn't better. 1.8's are pretty bad and on par with much slower cars. Must be the software, limiting down low and opening up through the 1/8th.

From what I’ve seen and read 1.8 60’ times are right in line for our cars. My first two runs seemed to bear that out as well. My best 11.734 run was in the 1.86/7 territory. And it didn’t feel slow to me. But you’re saying that’s slow?? What is the best 60’ time you’ve seen recorded on a P3D?

dont waste time and money doing track runs, or posting on Dragy, if you are not doing under optimal. or at least controlled, conditions. Get the crap out of your car, including pax

Yeah, I agree in general but I doubt a skinny kid is responsible for a lousy 2.50 60’ foot and a 12.7 1/4 time especially when I had a passenger in as well on the previous run and still did 11.98. It’s all about having fun. Other than us, car was empty. Next week, I hope to get there early and do more than 3 runs.

From what I’ve seen and read 1.8 60’ times are right in line for our cars. My first two runs seemed to bear that out as well. My best 11.734 run was in the 1.86/7 territory. And it didn’t feel slow to me. But you’re saying that’s slow?? What is the best 60’ time you’ve seen recorded on a P3D?

My 2001 Corvette did 1.7's, before the supercharger and no way I'd think it was as quick as a P3D off the line.

This guy did 1.778 in 60’.
Of course he removed his back seats so that probably helped.

This guy did 1.778 in 60’.
Of course he removed his back seats so that probably helped.

Haha, yeah I watch his videos and saw that. As for me, I’m not removing rear seats or putting on lighter weight wheels. If all the car can do is 11.7’s, I’m more than happy with that. There is more power to be unlocked for our cars I feel, Elon just needs to flip the switch. Will that happen? Doubt it.

So, just got home from my first time ever racing. Great night but bitter ending.

Race 1: 11.73
Race 2: 11.98 (With cargo - Passenger)
Race 3: 12.73 (With cargo - Passenger)

The last one left a bitter taste in my mouth because on launch the car was incredibly sluggish. 60’ was a miserable 2.50! I’m not sure what caused it.

Here’s what led up to that final race. The car was sitting for a good hour with front windows all the way down while the bracket racers were doing their thing. I doubt the car sitting with two front windows down had an impact. I was carrying a passenger on the final run. I noticed after the race dude didn’t have his seatbelt on. Could this have impacted the way the car ran?!?! Again, I don’t think so. Bad luck and timing? Maybe?!?! Something serious went wrong? Maybe?!?! I really don’t know the answer. It was still tons of fun and I plan on going back next weekend to try again..

weird, as at many tracks, if you're expected to run under 14s, you're not allowed a passenger.

From a few weeks ago, in Epping, NH.

I'm going again on the 21st. Car details in sig:

IMG_20190725_095251.jpg

Since running at the track and doing over 10 runs in total, I began to wonder if there was a way to figure out what my 0-60 times were on those runs from the data on the time slip and I ran across this website. I don’t know if the formula is accurate or close to it but based on 60’ & 1/8th times, this calculator says one of my 11.7 times results in a 3.02 0-60!!

Wallace Racing -Calculate how fast your car goes 0 - 60 mph

• Informative
Reactions: yerEVan
Since running at the track and doing over 10 runs in total, I began to wonder if there was a way to figure out what my 0-60 times were on those runs from the data on the time slip and I ran across this website. I don’t know if the formula is accurate or close to it but based on 60’ & 1/8th times, this calculator says one of my 11.7 times results in a 3.02 0-60!!

Wallace Racing -Calculate how fast your car goes 0 - 60 mph
Cool. Mine says 3.00. I think it may be erroring in favor of lower numbers.

At 1:21 they show the time slip. Two P3Ds, 11.7 and 11.8. 60 foot times 1.84 and 1.85. Talk about consistent, and likely easy to replicate. People will figure out how to get these to launch a little harder, we will end up seeing 11.5s out of the P3D and before it's over someone will end up with a 10.99 with mods.

Source:
Two words. Stickers and NOS hahah

On Dragy a bunch of M3Ps get 0-60 3.3x true and 3.1-3.0x /w 1 ft rollout.

It seems pretty consistent with a large cluster of data points there. People getting significantly slower are probably at lower SOCs or have a bunch of heavy junk in their trunk or otherwise non ideal conditions.

On Dragy a bunch of M3Ps get 0-60 3.3x true and 3.1-3.0x /w 1 ft rollout.

It seems pretty consistent with a large cluster of data points there. People getting significantly slower are probably at lower SOCs or have a bunch of heavy junk in their trunk or otherwise non ideal conditions.

Pretty cool. The SC closest to my track is about 8 miles. I normally arrive with 95-96% SoC and nothing in my car generally speaking. My goal is to improve my 60’ times.