Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Delivery of Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect a Y will be seriously considered for our next car in 2-3 years, but I suspect a used Raven S will be the main alternative

My journeys mean one of the cars needs to be max range. Initially that was the "commuter" as that does most miles, but with Raven we were able to get rid of ICE backup and 200-and-change miles will do us for the rest, so now we aren't piling the miles on the most expensive one. Hatchback would be more versatile than M3 boot for us

Reactions: vitesse
Just watched the teslanomics video, and having come from a golf size hatch before the 3, I think the Y is too big for us. Which is a shame as I love the features, it just adds up to a bigger package than I think we will want.
  • Hatch looks amazing.
  • Sooo much storage everywhere
  • Removable headrests in the back so kids seats fit better
  • Hatch auto lift
But I'm very un-interested in the height and extra length.

It's the next gen packaging, and I think it shows. Hopefully my family will lap it up and I'll get all the referrals :)

It's a Model 3 that's been lightly tapped with the ugly stick and "pumped up" in a way that (as with some other brands) takes away from the sleek style of the original. I'd much rather have my Aeros than those wheels.
The back of the Y is much nicer than the 3. The 3 looks nice from the front and sides but the back is just not right. The Y looks very similar to the 3 from the front. Final verdict for me will only be after seeing one up close and personal.