Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First European Cold Weather Range Test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@notail, you should not hesitate to use 100% charge at all in the winter, because it really is the combination of high temperature and high SOC that increases (slightly) the rate of degradation. In the cold it won't matter an iota, and the extra 10% will come in really handy when you lose 20% range due to extreme cold.

Not fun if you opted for the winter pack since you wanted the upgraded battery heater and then it turns out you would have gotten it for free...

When they first released the winter pack it was also "improved windshield defroster" or something, this and the upgraded heater made me opt for it too. The information they get to share with people coming to the centers are not great.. You can talk to 2 different guys in the same shop and they will tell you a different story. I really hope they can come forth with some real solid information and packs in the future for others that are intrested in getting a S. Im happy they are adding stuff tho! :)

Excellent video review... a challenging trip in the cold for any car and it looks as if the Model S did the job. I most enjoyed the trip to Ikea showcasing just how much storage is available in the hatchback -- just astounding for a car in it's class. Really proves that the Model S borders on an SUV when it comes to what you can store... and that segment didn't even include the frunk! :cool: