TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First Impressions

Discussion in 'Model X' started by BillC, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BillC

BillC Member

Following fantastic factory tour, took delivery of our Sig X P90D on 12-29. Delivery team was great. Drove to Pasadena "90%" on Driver Assist. Exterior Sig Red color looks great and interior cabin personifies perfection -- sort of feels like you're in a high-end mini corporate jet. Opted for six seating. Would have liked traditional leather pockets on the seat backs instead of the sleek dark plastic. Falcon wing doors are a hoot, but can bring about a lot of "Tesla Talk" in an Applebee's parking lot. They operate at about the same speed as the trunk door on a Model S. (About 5-6 seconds) Falcon sensors are highly sensitive and sometimes you have to override them to fully close the doors, but not a big deal). Acceleration and Ludicrous are highly responsive. Runs quiet just like our Model S which we traded-in for the X. However, I could generally keep the watts/mi close to 300 (optimal range) on the S. But so far, with our X I can't seem to get Wh/mi below 350. (Obviously using a "light foot" and no Ludicrous.) Will have to work on this.

2. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Fantastic! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your car!

Just FYI, I don't think anyone is sick of pictures yet. ;)

3. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Congrats! Which interior color and/or trim did you choose?

4. green1

green1 Active Member

I hope you realize that the X will use more energy than the S, it's simply a bigger vehicle, there's no way around that.