Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First post: recommendations for appropriate color tint (windows)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
so pleased to be a part of the Tesla community.
Recently purchased a “new to me” 2015 CPO Model S 85D.
No gushing here but I unabashedly LOVE the car!!
Question (I realize there are many posts regarding tinting because I have been stalking this site for quite a while before getting the courage to set up an account):
For those with the original dark blue beautiful metallic who tinted their car, what color reflection looked the best (ie., greenish/bluish/blackish looking)
I hope this makes sense
Here in OH max tint grade is greater than 50% TLV front windows
I was considering 65% all the way around because I like the symmetrical look.
Any pics would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance!!

Congrats on your new Tesla!

65% is pretty light, wont even notice much, if you are just looking for heat rejection should be ok, otherwise would go for 50%. Mine is 70% in the front and you can’t tell there is a tint. Sides 35% which is nice, 15% in the back.

20% sides and back= perfection

Attachments

• 8AAFAE84-BEBD-4DBB-9328-57F11FB2105D.jpeg
    8AAFAE84-BEBD-4DBB-9328-57F11FB2105D.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: VValleyEV
I have 3M crystalline 90 on windshield, 70 on all other glass except for the roof which has nothing done to it as Tesla says it already blocks most light, uv and IR.

I did it for heat rejection and not visual darkening. The 70 evenly applied everywhere causes it to not look tinted at all. 90 is a clear film.

Makes a big difference in heat rejection.

I have 3M crystalline 90 on windshield, 70 on all other glass except for the roof which has nothing done to it as Tesla says it already blocks most light, uv and IR.

I did it for heat rejection and not visual darkening. The 70 evenly applied everywhere causes it to not look tinted at all. 90 is a clear film.

Makes a big difference in heat rejection.

My main reason for tinting is heat rejection as well.
Also want to avoid giving the cops a reason..

Definitely check your state laws for colors and legal limits. I have 35% on front and back, but nothing on the windshield yet. The 35% I had done is sort of reflective which I like.

Automobile%20Window%20Tinting%20Law%20By%20State.jpg

View attachment 314318

Thanks for the info - helps a lot; current OH laws have not changed; still 70% windshield and 50% F with no restrictions on R

Your Tesla was by far the sleekest looking at the Supercharger station in that picture

Reactions: mburnet6
Congrats on car ! ....Color wise crystalline is a greenish color ...winco has a good ceramic that’s bluish ...I personally use photo sync which has a gray/black color to it ....the winco will look sharp on your vehicle !

Congrats on car ! ....Color wise crystalline is a greenish color ...winco has a good ceramic that’s bluish ...I personally use photo sync which has a gray/black color to it ....the winco will look sharp on your vehicle !

This is exactly what I needed!
I don’t really like the greenish looking tint so I wanted to avoid it
I’m going with your advice; Winco :)
I see it coming together in my head and I’m liking it already
$$$ but worth it

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA