Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Road Trip - Am I Doing It Right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have made that leg you are concerned about, North Houston to Austin. Specifically, I travelled from Huntsville to Austin. If you top-off at Huntsville supercharger. Then, route through College Station on to Austin. It is 156 miles. You should make it easily on a 90% charge leaving Huntsville. The roads are clear and easy to travel.
All true, but the speed limits are high for non-highway (75 MPH, I think) and you can get some wind (usually crosswind from the south). I've done it in my S70 without a problem, but power consumption can be a bit higher than normal sometimes.

I have made that leg you are concerned about, North Houston to Austin. Specifically, I travelled from Huntsville to Austin. If you top-off at Huntsville supercharger. Then, route through College Station on to Austin. It is 156 miles. You should make it easily on a 90% charge leaving Huntsville. The roads are clear and easy to travel.

Ah thanks man, yeah we are doing Onalaska to Austin (West in Hill Country) so yeah, I think topping off in Huntsville is a must, then at minimum getting to the SC in Austin - roads do seem easy overall and actually ones you can moderate your speed on somewhat if needed.

I'm definitely looking forward to that College Station SC opening, and the additional ones in Arkansas that are still listed as coming soon in 2018. Kinda sucks that none of them will actually be in 2018 it seems like stated.