Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time EV in WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

After reading about EV for many years we recently rented a MY on Turo over Christmas. It was love at first drive. It was a mind-blowing experience. Many years ago, I used to be a valet, so I have driven many vehicles. Driving a Tesla was a whole new experience that nothing compares to. After coming back home all I could think about was how I could get one. After many days of research, reading and obsessing we decided to get a M3 RWD. I really wanted to get a MY or M3LR, but this way we get join the Tesla family without a huge upfront investment.

Over the last week I had been monitoring the new and used inventory and finally came across a new M3 that matched our specs. So, this Friday we take delivery of a

2023 M3 RWD
Pearl White
19in Wheels

Trading in
2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus
84k Miles

We got a little less than the original quote, but $9900 isn't bad on a $21k 8.5yr old car. Pre-pandemic we almost traded it in for 8k.

The Corolla has served us well over the last 8.5 years but it's time to join the EV world. I work in tech and couldn't resist owning a piece of some of the best technology human kind has to offer.

🍻to many years of EV ownership and enjoyment.

Welcome mobilewill, hope you scored a winner today...and saved a few grand off the price (with the price cuts)?
Ugh, I was so bummed this morning when I read that at the top of my news feed. Originally was going to pick up today but Wed they called said its ready whenever so I got it then. I would of gotten the LR now that it's under 55k. It's going to take me a few days to get over it. I can't imagine if I purchased a more expensive model and missed out even more. Wife says we will just have to trade up to the MY later on. 😭😁