Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time EV owner from FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought my first EV, a 2013 Model s p85+ last week. Fun car, but of course I'm scared of the repairs.

Question for the forum mods; I've got some posts that say awaiting mod approval and others that seem to just go through. I've tried responding to a couple people that commented on my post but they're stuck in limbo. Any help? I'm real, promise :)

Reactions: Goldswing
Bought my first EV, a 2013 Model s p85+ last week. Fun car, but of course I'm scared of the repairs.

Question for the forum mods; I've got some posts that say awaiting mod approval and others that seem to just go through. I've tried responding to a couple people that commented on my post but they're stuck in limbo. Any help? I'm real, promise :)

ANY 11-year-old vehicle is going to need repairs. And they can get expensive on any vehicle.
The nice thing about EVs is that there are very few things that wear, except brakes and the battery.

But things like the motor tend to live just about forever!

ANY 11-year-old vehicle is going to need repairs. And they can get expensive on any vehicle.
The nice thing about EVs is that there are very few things that wear, except brakes and the battery.

But things like the motor tend to live just about forever!
I hope you're right! I'm checking out the drive motor this weekend to see if it's caught a fluid leak, and if not I'm ready to apply a fix to make it last as long as possible.

Completely understand about older cars needing repairs. My last few cars have been well within warranty period, but prior to that I've always had older cars and like to get my hands dirty (when it's not too hot outside).

I hope you're right! I'm checking out the drive motor this weekend to see if it's caught a fluid leak, and if not I'm ready to apply a fix to make it last as long as possible.

Completely understand about older cars needing repairs. My last few cars have been well within warranty period, but prior to that I've always had older cars and like to get my hands dirty (when it's not too hot outside).
Is the car leaking fluid? 100% change that it's AC condensate.

And for the non-statician's, 100% doesn't mean that other things can't happen.

Is the car leaking fluid? 100% change that it's AC condensate.

And for the non-statician's, 100% doesn't mean that other things can't happen.
No, the Large Drive Units have an internal seal that is known to fail (when not if) and allow coolant into the electronics. If you have a P model or RWD only model it may be worth looking into the coolant bypass that fixes the issue.