Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time tesla owner and I have a couple of questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's one of the dreaded "I have a Tesla, how do I use it?" posts:.

I've done some searching but either I'm really bad at searching this forum or the search function doesn't work great. I don't have my vehicle yet but I'm reading as much as I can to learn before it comes:

I'm getting an X P90D that was manufactured in 4/2016.

1. When referring to my car, do I use 4/16 to help people figure out which version it is?
2. Is this a "prefresh" vehicle?
3. I use Waze all the time. I live in a very congested area. Can someone suggest a good phone holder and where you put it? I'd prefer one that charges. Hoping this isn't permanent and Tesla eventually allows CarPlay. Most that I find say they aren't for the X.
4. Can someone suggest a QI charger for the center storage area that they really like.
5. The vehicle doesn't have a shuddering issue at the moment. I've seen that there are kits to lower it 1" and it fixes it (helps prevent it). IS this the case? What company would you suggest to purchase it (I have some background in suspensions rebuilds and would likely install myself).
6. Is an aftermarket warranty worth it? I've only seen a handful of options but I"m thinking even just one use of the warranty and it would pay itself off.
7. Any tips or links to good places to read about "you have a tesla, learn this stuff"?

I'm sure i'll have a lot more in the future but I'll try hard to google them. Thanks in advance

Here's one of the dreaded "I have a Tesla, how do I use it?" posts:.

I've done some searching but either I'm really bad at searching this forum or the search function doesn't work great. I don't have my vehicle yet but I'm reading as much as I can to learn before it comes:

I'm getting an X P90D that was manufactured in 4/2016.

1. When referring to my car, do I use 4/16 to help people figure out which version it is?
April 2016 will do it
2. Is this a "prefresh" vehicle?
"Refresh" vehicles refers to the late 2021/2022 models that are being delivered new, now. Most folks refer to older models (w the vertical screen) as "Legacy"
3. I use Waze all the time. I live in a very congested area. Can someone suggest a good phone holder and where you put it? I'd prefer one that charges. Hoping this isn't permanent and Tesla eventually allows CarPlay. Most that I find say they aren't for the X.
This is a guess, but most folks here would run Waze on the built in web browser (I don't know for sure, I never use waze myself).

I doubt Tesla will ever support CarPlay. Frankly the Tesla software built-in is far better than anything an outside company could develop, because it is tightly integrated with the vehicle itself. CarPlay is basically for vehicles that didn't (or couldn't) come up with anything better. What is more likely to happen is Apple Music might be a media source to the Tesla player. But there simply is no need for CarPlay on a Tesla.
4. Can someone suggest a QI charger for the center storage area that they really like.
No idea. I charge at home
5. The vehicle doesn't have a shuddering issue at the moment. I've seen that there are kits to lower it 1" and it fixes it (helps prevent it). IS this the case? What company would you suggest to purchase it (I have some background in suspensions rebuilds and would likely install myself).
Go for it
6. Is an aftermarket warranty worth it? I've only seen a handful of options but I"m thinking even just one use of the warranty and it would pay itself off.
No idea.
7. Any tips or links to good places to read about "you have a tesla, learn this stuff"?
First thing I would do is download the owners manual from the Web site. It is basically the same as you have in the car, but is probably easier to read on your own computer.

Reactions: Falcon73