Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisheye on backup camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My backup camera has a fisheye type view starting this morning. Meaning it is a "rounded" view and I can even see part of my license plate holder. The corners are blacked out(in a arch).

This never happened before this morning. I could not see my plate, and it was a square view. Did I change some setting that I did not mean to? Did something happen to the camera?

Seems odd that I've had the car 45 days and it just started happening.

This is a Model 3 mid-range with EAP.

My backup camera has a fisheye type view starting this morning. Meaning it is a "rounded" view and I can even see part of my license plate holder. The corners are blacked out(in a arch).

This never happened before this morning. I could not see my plate, and it was a square view. Did I change some setting that I did not mean to? Did something happen to the camera?

Seems odd that I've had the car 45 days and it just started happening.

This is a Model 3 mid-range with EAP.
Pretty sure it has always been a fisheye (wide angle camera) I can see my plate in mine too.

Reactions: Trevlan006
Pretty sure it has always been a fisheye (wide angle camera) I can see my plate in mine too.
Mine as well. My view doesn't look any different than it always has and, after paying attention to it, I can see my plate too.

This never happened before this morning.
The only way this would have changed is if you'd recently received a software update, did you get one the night before you noticed this?

I have the same experience. it was a nice square view until the license plate was added, once the license plate added - there was a “calibration of camera” because we had to change the windshield. and that calibration led to fish eye for back camera.