Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I generally like the center console layout, although it sounds too bulky for the car:
attachment.php?attachmentid=4544&d=1330830492&thumb=1.jpg

The PRND control is superior, IMO, to a stalk. I would, however, rotate it 180 degrees, so that it fits the human hand more naturally (like buttons on a computer mouse). I also like having the master window controller accessible to both front-seat occupants.

the problem with this center console layout is if you have a water, coffee or soda in the center console and it spills it has the chance of shorting out the gear selector/windows etc....I think Tesla was smart to seperate the cup holders on the Model S from essential controls.

Reading the FB thread, it seems manageable. Honestly, regardless of car price, I've never been one to hand wash my car every weekend. I'm not THAT much of a car buff. I like to drive them, not show them off, so when they're dirty I hit my local touchless wash place. Yeah it doesn't get the car pristine, but whatever. When I want to go for a little bit of a deeper clean, I take it to one of the self-service bays and spray and wipe areas that need extra care.

Since Fisker (or at least this dealer) offers pickup/delivery, I suppose I could just ask them to clean it when it's in for maintenance or service updates (which the dealer admitted is likely to be almost monthly during this first year)

Automobile Mag - Driven: 2012 Fisker Karma

Not what you expect from a startup
Despite our gripes about the interior, the Fisker Karma is an incredibly impressive car. The build quality, the styling, and the technology amount to something you'd expect from a huge, established automaker, not a five-year-old startup. Still, Fisker's place in the market isn't guaranteed. The company will need money, sales volume, and its second, more affordable car to be mentioned in the same breath as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi. That's a tall order in today's economy, but the fact that the company has come this far this quickly should have the rest of the American auto industry paying attention.

I also liked the quote "A new handling adage: complicate and add heaviness"

Heh, I like that. Harley Davidson works diligently to tune the sound of their bikes to give just the right throaty, macho tone -- it's part of the Harley experience. There will always be some gearheads who find EVs as unsatisfying as going to a silent movie. Oh, of course, one of those just one the Oscar...

I don't know why I received the following in an Email... and I'm passing it on if some of you are interested in participating.

Fisker Automotive Investor Call

Please join us for a live Web Presentation hosted by:

Henrik Fisker, Tom LaSorda, Bernhard Koehler, Joe DaMour & Richard Beattie

Friday, March 9, 2012 @ 12:00pm Central Time

Join the Audio Conference
Participant Passcode: 3441325
Participant, Int'l Toll: 719-457-2635
Participant, US/CAN Toll free: 888-617-5714

Join the Web Conference
Meeting ID: w3441325
Entry Code: A344132
https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/vcc/join?id=w3441325&role=attend&pw=A344132