Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that I really have any right to an opinion on this... but, I think the Volt has come a long way from the first year or two. We test drove a 2013 (first EV test drive!) just before the 2014's came out and, since we couldn't really comfortably afford a Model S, were seriously looking at the old 2014 Volt/GenIII replacement strategy. But then we bought a Model S anyway and very happy we did. However, I'm still impressed by the Volt and would take that over anything else EV-ish on the road if I had to (it goes without saying, except a Tesla!!!).

I agree, Volts are awesome. Logic would suggest they flood the market but I think the price is a barrier for some. From a
practical standpoint they should outsell all other EV, the value is really top drawer, you can drive all electric but have the ability to go as far as you want on gas anytime, can't beat that. I also own a Tesla Roadster and have experienced the limitations that a 200 miles range provides, even if I had a model S and could supercharge I'd still have it own a second car, can't very we'll go camping 150 miles away for a few days and expect to make it home, also I don't agree in the practicality of waiting 1 hr every 3-4 hrs of highway driving, most would find that annoying, it would make my 1500 miles in 22 hrs road trips into 27 hrs trips, assuming I want to go where the super chargers will lead me (of course, I personally would do it because I'm passionate about EV driving)

The volt knows no limits and is the perfect "transition" car for our current needs as a nation moving toward an EV future.

Fisker Karma coming back?

Chinese auto parts producer Wanxiang Group, which bought stylish electric car pioneer Fisker Automotive from bankruptcy, is accelerating the relaunch of Fisker's Karma hybrid luxury car by using a design from the company's last year of production, people close to the companies said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/18/us-fisker-wanxiang-idUSKBN0HD2H320140918

Looks like they are trying to raise this from the dead. It will be interesting.

I heard that they did a clean sweep of old fisker staff and are planning on re-launching the car that should have been originally. Will be interesting to see what they come up with almost 8 years after Karma conception.

I heard that they did a clean sweep of old fisker staff and are planning on re-launching the car that should have been originally. Will be interesting to see what they come up with almost 8 years after Karma conception.

What does that mean exactly? Like removing all the limitations the design put on functionality? Original range and performance specs?

Two words: Four seats. Right there GM has alienated a ton of families with three children, including mine.

As someone who currently has a Volt on lease, I can confirm this is an issue for families with only 2 kids as well. Modern rear facing car seats are huge, and since the Volt has no center seat, but be placed behind the driver or passenger. Since there is so little legroom in the Volt, the front seat must be slid pretty far forward to allow the car to accommodate the rear facing seat (a middle seat would allow the rear facing seat to extend between the two front seats). This has become a huge issue for us, as nobody over 5-6 can comfortably sit in the front passenger seat when my youngest daughters car seat is in the back. When I leased the Volt, I only had 1 kid, and she was in a forward facing seat that, while tight, still fits behind the driver seat when I am in it. If I had to start a new lease today, the current gen volt would be eliminated for contention, and I only have 2 kids.

What does that mean exactly? Like removing all the limitations the design put on functionality? Original range and performance specs?

I suspect it means re-evaluate everything (but keeping the basic exterior designs intact.) Fisker RESTART, perhaps with a new name.
It wouldn't surprise me if they even considered doing "full BEV" instead of everything being a plug-in hybrid.

I think they have money backers to do something big, but can they find all the right people and get a cohesive team together? Time will tell.

I suspect it means re-evaluate everything (but keeping the basic exterior designs intact.) Fisker RESTART, perhaps with a new name.
It wouldn't surprise me if they even considered doing "full BEV" instead of everything being a plug-in hybrid.

I think they have money backers to do something big, but can they find all the right people and get a cohesive team together? Time will tell.

would be good for the industry if FISKER came back as it was certainly the best looking sedan i've ever seen.

Oddly, I didn't even find them that attractive. Somehow they look better in photos than they do up close, in person. There are some aspects to them that look cheesy/poorly implemented. You can see some kind of foam through the front grille, for example.

Fisker is back up and running and yes it's good for the industry as i would guess they'll address the flaws.

Local monthly C&C show filled with Lambos-P cars-Ferraris among others.
The few Fiskers that show up always gather a crowd. In fact last month a MS and Fisker were parked side by side and I'd have to say most gathered around the Fisker.
They definitely have flaws however the looks and attention it attracts is top shelf. They look 100% better in person and up close than in pictures.

Last edited: