Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must have missed the part where i stated the MS is the better OVERALL car and there is no debating that fact.
Looks/interior it's not debatable other than here that the Fisker is the clear winner. You could ask 100 random people the same question and 95% would pick the FISKER on these 2 dynamics. While looks/design are indeed personal there is always a consensus within the equation.
That is the reality.
thx

Fisker vs. Tesla: Two cutting-edge cars, two embattled companies | Digital Trends

I'd be very surprised if 95% picked the Fisker. Personally I think it's really cartoonish and silly looking with the stupid mustache and far prefer the look of the Model S. I'd accept that a majority of people might just maybe prefer the Fisker look (god knows why), but nowhere even close to 95%.

The Fisker Karma sure does grab your attention, however so does the Pontiac Aztec.
LOL.....
so you prefer a car that looks more BLAND kind of a KIA Optima/FORD FUSION mix
GOTCHA :wink:

Funny, but if TESLA released a car that looked similar in design to the FISKER i'm sure you'd have a completely different opinion and be saying how it's a work of art (lol) just a guess:smile:

Last edited:
Karma looks nothing like an Aztek.

But many many car companies have copied traditional British design from Aston Martin and Jaguar.

Including Kia with Optima Ford with Fusion and Nissan with first gen Altima.

Some just execute better than others.

And it is easier to execute when the car is 196" long 77" wide and 56.5" high.

The proportions lend itself to sexy.

Karma looks nothing like an Aztek.

I didn't say it looked like the Aztek, just that it grabs your attention like the Aztek. The Karma is definitely attention grabbing but looks are subjective and like any car, it doesn't look good to all people. This seems to be one of those love or hate designs. Almost no one is neutral about the Karma design.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL.....
so you prefer a car that looks more BLAND kind of a KIA Optima/FORD FUSION mix
GOTCHA :wink:

Funny, but if TESLA released a car that looked similar in design to the FISKER i'm sure you'd have a completely different opinion and be saying how it's a work of art (lol) just a guess:smile:

I have a little more objectivity than that. I'm not the only one who doesn't like the looks of the Karma. The interior quality is nice but it was a stinker in the performance category and the user interface and controls. The front and back of the Karma don't look good to me, looks nice from the side. This is an academic discussion anyway. The Karma failed hard and didn't sell. If it truly were the most beautiful car ever made it would have sold like mad.

I didn't say it looked like the Aztek, just that it grabs your attention like the Aztek. The Karma is definitely attention grabbing but looks are subjective and like any car, it doesn't look good to all people. This seems to be one of those love or hate designs. Almost no one is neutral about the Karma design.

Didn't say that you did. But you used an example of a design that was universally panned which the Karma was not. Most professional critiques,particularly ex OEM designers working at car magazines, thought the Karma was beautiful but sacrificed interior space and visibility. As beautiful designs are prone to do. If not, everyone would have beautiful design. I saw more than one professional designer use the Aztek as an example of bad design.

"People" are not so bifurcated on the Karma design as are posters on the internet.

Particularly on Tesla/BEV sites.

Where any possible slight,real or imagined against Tesla, must be repelled with extreme prejudice. Or so it seems.

Didn't say that you did. But you used an example of a design that was universally panned which the Karma was not. Most professional critiques,particularly ex OEM designers working at car magazines, thought the Karma was beautiful but sacrificed interior space and visibility. As beautiful designs are prone to do. If not, everyone would have beautiful design. I saw more than one professional designer use the Aztek as an example of bad design.

"People" are not so bifurcated on the Karma design as are posters on the internet.

Particularly on Tesla/BEV sites.

Where any possible slight,real or imagined against Tesla, must be repelled with extreme prejudice. Or so it seems.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Best post in the thread
well played

POSTED from DSM:
"This seems to be one of those love or hate designs. Almost no one is neutral about the Karma design"

real answer: only from TSLA owners have i ever seen anyone say they didn't like the look or be negative on the KARMA based on looks alone. I have never seen/read anything negative on the looks and interior materials on the karma in any magazine or forum.
Almost every reviewer has always classified the karma as one of the best looking cars on the planet.

A love or hate design classification would be a PORSCHE PANAMERA

i've posted this numerous times in my response (maybe it will sink in) TESLA is the winner and better overall car as the masses have said. The Fisker is the clear winner in the looks as the masses have said.
END THREAD
- stock holder and future P85D customer

Last edited:
This thread only confirms (again) that "style" and "beauty" are subjective. There is really no point in arguing who is "right" since everyone has their own opinion (and doesn't seem likely to change it). Even for cars which everyone here thinks are beautiful (Tesla), there are those who don't particularly like the style.
It might be best to let this drop and continue the conversation on some more objective grounds such as price, performance, business model, finance, etc.

This thread only confirms (again) that "style" and "beauty" are subjective. There is really no point in arguing who is "right" since everyone has their own opinion (and doesn't seem likely to change it). Even for cars which everyone here thinks are beautiful (Tesla), there are those who don't particularly like the style.
It might be best to let this drop and continue the conversation on some more objective grounds such as price, performance, business model, finance, etc.

Yep. The Karma is supposed to look low and sleek. It should look 'better'. They didn't care about the interior space or other things that make a car practical. Tesla did.

I don't think anyone would argue the interior materials of the Karma were of s higher quality. But there is a reason Tesla is around and Fisker isn't. Telsa was able to make their car and still make a profit off of each car. For the exterior, that is debatable as you said. Looks are subjective. The Model S definitely is a more sedate style but when you try and fit 5+2 people in a car you are constrained somewhat.

Fair enough, the which car looks better debate is one no one will win. On performance and every other metric it's not a contest.

Yep. The Karma is supposed to look low and sleek. It should look 'better'. They didn't care about the interior space or other things that make a car practical. Tesla did.

I don't think anyone would argue the interior materials of the Karma were of s higher quality. But there is a reason Tesla is around and Fisker isn't. Telsa was able to make their car and still make a profit off of each car. For the exterior, that is debatable as you said. Looks are subjective. The Model S definitely is a more sedate style but when you try and fit 5+2 people in a car you are constrained somewhat.

Fair enough, the which car looks better debate is one no one will win. On performance and every other metric it's not a contest.

why do you rehash every post with off topic stuff that already has been determined and a condescending note to each post on top of it?
TSLA is better overall i've said it numerous times
However there are many cars running the streets better OVERALL than a tesla... REALITY

For the vast majority who don't own either car the results on looks ONLY =
FISKER > MS

Only in this forum may opinion vary and obviously slanted.
thx

Last edited:
'JEEEEZ'

Ok. You win. The Karma is obviously the superior car in every way. I stand corrected.

Seriously. I can see why people like the way it looks. It is one exotic looking car EXOTIC1. It's like comparing the design of a Ferrari versus a Taurus. Of course the Ferrari turns more heads. We are comparing two very different cars in styling and it is pointless. My point was that not everyone finds the Karma the most beautiful car in the world just like everyone doesn't like the Model S. It's personal preference.

HUH?
again see my above post and how you respond.
i've said in every post TESLA is the superior car overall by far!
Don't be that guy.... who attempts to put a lame spin on the discussion at hand or mix words i've posted.

It's all GOOD we can just let this thread go away
no harm no foul.:smile:
thx

why do you rehash every post with off topic stuff that already has been determined and a condescending note to each post on top of it?
TSLA is better overall i've said it numerous times
However there are many cars running the streets better OVERALL than a tesla... get over it.
For the vast majority who don't own either car the results on looks ONLY =
FISKER > MS
no contest
The only debate would be on this forum and that's the REALITY
thx

dsm363 has every right to summarize and respond to many posts at once. He's been doing that here many times. I see no problem with that. And for someone who has posted over 13K posts, he likes to post a lot. You on the other hand have fewer than 50 posts. Sounds like you need to hang around for a while more posting positive things about others before slamming others for things like this.

I find this thread actually very interesting. There are things I like about the Fisker and things I don't. Just too bad they had lots of things happen to them that was out of their control. Just say 123...
Having test driven a Fisker myself, I was sadly underwhelmed.

The styling of the Karma was too vulgar for my tastes. I prefer a luxury car that blends in with the crowd (which the S does well), even though it is beautiful in it's own right once one takes a closer look. You won't catch me in a Viper or a Corvette either, for the same reason. (Although the Corvette styling has improved recently.) I'm glad Exotic has reached the same conclusion...

One of my clients fiskers

0ff79e21161ab8c73881576e0d270a8a.jpg

fd6243472fbeeff10282cba5be712a9c.jpg

There is no doubt the car is striking. It should be. It is the company founder's forte.

The issue I have with the car/company/whatever is left is that it reminds me of an old marketing partner I had. He was incredibly bright and one of the best dancing bears I have ever seen. However, he was not smart enough to know a company needs core competence. He ventured off to outsource all that pesky engineering and production stuff so that the company could concentrate on marketing and, to a lesser extent, sales. He called it the computer less computer company. Results were predictable.

Results are equally predictable for Fisker and there is no amount of polishing that is going to shine up that turd. Sure, it is striking but that is very useful for a concept car but not sufficient for a production car.

It would be a neat car to pull out all that poorly engineered drive line and stick in something like, say, a corvette motor :)