Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Five seat MX bench recline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They recline. Not sure exactly how to measure it, but it is about 4 1/2 inches at the top by your shoulders. The rear seat is 60/40 so the left side and center are the same back and recline together.

If you do travel with people back there you might want to option for the 7 seater. The 6 and 7 seat options have second A/C evaporator, ducting, and fan for the back seats, so have more cooling in the back than the 5 seater.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Depending on the size of the kids you might want to choose the 7 seater. I had a 7 seater on my 2016, but the rear seats were never ever used, so saw no reason to spend $6k for one extra seat and AC in the back. I really love all the storage the 5 seat config gives me and I can fold the second row bench all the way forward and fit a twin bed in the back for overnights or camping.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Hello everyone,

We have a 2016 6 seat X that I want to convert to folding 2nd row seating.
I can find the seats on line but I wonder if the 6 seat vehicle has the floor fittings that will accept the folding 2nd row seats.
Any ideas?
Thanks
MDR