Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix4Bike tow bar bicycle carrier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a new tow bar bike rack for my Model Y. Thought I’ll share my knowledge in case someone else is in a similar position:

I discovered that there is a new generation of tow bars which allow easier mounting of the bike carrier. The system is called Fix4Bike, originally developed by Oris ORIS FIX4BIKE® - safety, stability and durability. There are two pins on the side of the tow bar allowing the carrier to just snap on. Not only is the carrier super easy to mount, it also has a stronger connection to the car as it is not held by pure clamping force on a ball.

The factory fitted tow bar on my Model Y has Fix4Bike and seems to be made by Oris.
Thule has carriers for the system (EasyFold, Velocompact) but funnily enough does not sell them in the UK. But Volvo bike carriers Bicycle Carriers/Holders are just rebranded Thule ones. They sell the Fix4Bike version as well - AND, way cheaper than buying the Thule branded one 😄

Hope that was useful information.