Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing Holes in Nosecone from License Plate Frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stupidly allowed my CPO process to drill into my nosecone and now I want to get a holder that mounts my license place underneath.

I now have these holes in my nosecone, and short of buying a new nosecone, what do you recommend to cover these holes so they blend in better? I know they sell plugs, but wondering if there is any other sort of material I can fill these with?

Attachments

• IMG_1227.jpeg
    IMG_1227.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 413
your autopilot radar is right behind that mount fyi. its that black box in the lower grill in your picture.

Great point! I just noticed that too and was wondering what that was. So I guess covering that is out of the question and then I need to mount the license plate off to the side, which probably looks even worse.....I think it's easier to move to another state that doesn't require front plates :)

Take front plate, attach it to removed bracket. Store in frunk/trunk area. If or when the police would like to ask you about it... "it just came off 10 minutes earlier, officer." And hope for a lucky break... ;)

EDIT: Here is a variation of the mounting option:

The Law: Front License Plate Bracket for Tesla Model S (No-Drill)

My goal is to move it below Nosecone but with the AP radar there, it doesn’t look like I have many options other than risking a ticket with the fact I have tinted windows and a flashy color, I am thinking can be an expensive decision.

I am in the same predicament. I purchase The Law bracket and it came defective. Also notice that my used Model S has something in the grill (not the sensor) that wont let put the screw in. Not sure if the plastic is from the nose cone, but it will definetly not let me put the screw through.

Attachments

• IMG_4913.JPG
    IMG_4913.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 252
I stupidly allowed my CPO process to drill into my nosecone and now I want to get a holder that mounts my license place underneath.

I now have these holes in my nosecone, and short of buying a new nosecone, what do you recommend to cover these holes so they blend in better? I know they sell plugs, but wondering if there is any other sort of material I can fill these with?
What did you ended up doing?

I've used Bumper Plugs on my previous cars. Cheap and effective:

BumperPlugs for Tesla