Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing white dash reflections

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday I added two pieces of matte black vinyl to my white dash. When trying to use the side mirrors to back up (since getting the windows tinted) it has been hard to see due to the dash reflection. You can see the effect if you look at the reflection in the side window. So far I’m liking the results.
upload_2020-4-8_7-25-31.jpeg

upload_2020-4-8_7-26-28.jpeg

I must be the only M3 owner with a white dash not complaining about reflection issues. Windows are tinted dark.

Lucky - I'm envious !!

I actually didn't notice the reflection until after I installed SUMA Performance aftermarket convex mirrors. The mirrors are blueish in color. Do you think it's my seating position, because I also have a lot of glare off the center display in the summertime..

Lucky - I'm envious !!

I actually didn't notice the reflection until after I installed SUMA Performance aftermarket convex mirrors. The mirrors are blueish in color. Do you think it's my seating position, because I also have a lot of glare off the center display in the summertime..
I have SUMA mirrors as well but the non-blue ones. It may be seating position. Matte screen protector may help with that.

I have SUMA mirrors as well but the non-blue ones. It may be seating position. Matte screen protector may help with that.

I actually have a matte screen protector from AO on right now, but I'm thinking of removing it. When sunlight hits the screen at certain angles, the display 'washes out' with the matte screen protector and all I see is white. I think I'll try adjusting my seating position first though..

I also have white interior, 40% Huper Optik on the side windows and the reflection from the white dash in the side mirrors creates a serious visibility problem, in my opinion. Although the partial black vinyl solution looks great in the above picture, I bought a wood dash replacement that I am painting flat (matte) black (oil base) and will use a clear, flat polyurethane coat.