Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flickering cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea what this could mean?

It means nothing. The display is not put forth as a complete, 1:1 "accurate at all times" representation of what the car sees, so it means 100% of nothing (and items on the display have been doing that through every single software version since I got my car in dec of 2018, so this is not in any way, shape or form "new").

Reactions: E90alex
It means nothing. The display is not put forth as a complete, 1:1 "accurate at all times" representation of what the car sees, so it means 100% of nothing (and items on the display have been doing that through every single software version since I got my car in dec of 2018, so this is not in any way, shape or form "new").
You just said a whole bunch of nothing tbh. There is an issue. My model Y doesn’t do this

Watched the video clip. That is different than I have experienced. What I experience is one or two vehicles that are partially obstructed that flash in and out a bit. Or a vehicle appears to shake in its spot. Never seen everything disappear.

Asking the basics: cameras are clean? Have you tried a two button reset?

You just said a whole bunch of nothing tbh. There is an issue. My model Y doesn’t do this

Ok. since you said this, I took a look at the video which I didnt do before, as "flickering cars" is a super duper common complaint. What your video shows is not what I have seen before so its different. You dont say what software version you are on, or when the last time you rebooted the screen is.

if those dont fix it, then you should make a service appointment.

Reactions: rpiotro
Ok. since you said this, I took a look at the video which I didnt do before, as "flickering cars" is a super duper common complaint. What your video shows is not what I have seen before so its different. You dont say what software version you are on, or when the last time you rebooted the screen is.

if those dont fix it, then you should make a service appointment.
I’m on 2023.6.8 and I’ve rebooted the car numerous times. I do have a service appt made at this time. Glad I caught it on video for Tesla to see in case it stops happening when I get there

Reactions: ss71