Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fluid Leaking Under Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone with experience with this issue help please. Our new MYLR has started dropping fluid from somewhere between the front wheels. I noticed it yesterday and it wasn't too bad but this morning there was a pool about 800mm wide on the garage floor. I was obviously concerned so I dipped my finger in and it didn't seem to be lubricant (oily), it didn't seem to be coloured and didn't seem to have much odour. I set up a service call on the app and a guy called me back within 20 mins (appreciated very much). He said it was almost certainly condensation and to keep an eye on it. It has been humid recently with rain around but it hasn't happened before in the 3 weeks of ownership. It's not that I don't have faith in what he told me but I've never had a vehicle drop this much fluid unless there was a problem.

Can someone with experience with this issue help please. Our new MYLR has started dropping fluid from somewhere between the front wheels. I noticed it yesterday and it wasn't too bad but this morning there was a pool about 800mm wide on the garage floor. I was obviously concerned so I dipped my finger in and it didn't seem to be lubricant (oily), it didn't seem to be coloured and didn't seem to have much odour. I set up a service call on the app and a guy called me back within 20 mins (appreciated very much). He said it was almost certainly condensation and to keep an eye on it. It has been humid recently with rain around but it hasn't happened before in the 3 weeks of ownership. It's not that I don't have faith in what he told me but I've never had a vehicle drop this much fluid unless there was a problem.
My guess, you‘re sitting in the car playing with or setting up the options. Of course the AC is running the whole time and a lot of condensation is dripping on the floor.

Happened to me too, the 2nd day I owned the car. That puddle of condensation was huge.

Reactions: Power Hungry
I found this thread having driven over a car park kerb in the dark last night :(
No alerts from the car, but when I got home there was a constant, steady leak of fluid from underneath the front of the car.
I feared the worst and in case the battery went on fire during the night and took out the entire apartment block, I moved the car out to the street :)
By the time it was parked on the street, the leaking had stopped. The liquid on the floor of the garage was odourless and colourless and felt like water, but didn't evaporate overnight.
Have I gotten lucky or is battery coolant now odourless and colourless? This is where the fluid was leaking from on the underside.
If it was coolant, would I got a low coolant warning or would a high battery temperature warning be the first alert?
Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• Leak.jpg
    Leak.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 73