Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM radio for HW 3.0 (Drive-in Theatre)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will soon look into a new Model X, but just realize HW 3.0 may not come with the good old FM radio anymore. It is probably not needed most of the time, except when we go to our beloved Drive-in Theatre where sound is broadcast in FM. We would love to use Tesla's own audio, but wondering if anyone has found a way to get it work.

I did searches in internet to find FM radio that broadcasts bluetooth, but I can only find the reversed where bluetooth audio is transmitted as FM.

Thanks!

We will soon look into a new Model X, but just realize HW 3.0 may not come with the good old FM radio anymore.<snip>
I think you are confused. Cars that originally had MCU2 and new ones do have FM.

It is only an issue for MCU1 to MCU2 upgrades because of the extra labor so it is not being done for the $2500 upgrade. I occasionally go to Drive-Ins so I will have to find another method for FM. I do have an old boombox that even has 'mega bass' on it that may work :)

Infotainment Upgrade
Is anything removed with the Infotainment Upgrade?
Yes. You will no longer have access to AM, FM or Sirius XM radio. You will still have access to internet radio and music streaming, including streaming over Bluetooth®.

Reactions: Char and Akikiki