Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a slowdown outside Tesla in the UK? (I note the poster who first made the point is not in the UK)

SMMT data, YTD for UK up to the end of Nov, BEV sales are up 27.5%, Tesla are only up 15% (and we had the launch of the MS and MX here this year, albeit LHD, and the M3 Highland hadn't really kicked in, if anything there was good discounting on the old model) so their is good growth from non Tesla, and technically the Tesla market share is shrinking.

Is there a slowdown outside Tesla in the UK? (I note the poster who first made the point is not in the UK)

SMMT data, YTD for UK up to the end of Nov, BEV sales are up 27.5%, Tesla are only up 15% (and we had the launch of the MS and MX here this year, albeit LHD, and the M3 Highland hadn't really kicked in, if anything there was good discounting on the old model) so their is good growth from non Tesla, and technically the Tesla market share is shrinking.
I think any slowdown will only be short term, the used market for 2-3 year old EVs is probably playing a part in new sales as many people now don't have to buy a new model 3 and have a choice of a used one for example

Reactions: ringi
I think any slowdown will only be short term, the used market for 2-3 year old EVs is probably playing a part in new sales as many people now don't have to buy a new model 3 and have a choice of a used one for example
I don't actually think there is a slow down. Prices are down because of over supply, which is still possible in a growing market. There's al;so some dilution as more models have come out from more makers. Tesla really only have 2 credible models in the UK, the M3 and MY, and of those you pretty much pick your colour and a choice of 2 interiors and thats your lot. Some buyers like to be more individual and thats one of the benefits the competition bring. ,

The highland looks to be a great car, I'm still baffled why they felt the need to remove indicator stalks as I can only see that putting some people off, and I can't see anybodies buying decision being swayed towards tesla because of the lack of them,

Reactions: Rooster6655