Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Follow up to employee termination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If a journalist did a story that involved me, without asking me for my comments and position, I would place a ton of blame on that journalist and his publication. It's unfair and goes against the basic principles of ethical journalism, at least in my view. That's why reputable journalists and publications always make an attempt to contact the person at the center of the story, unless there are compelling reasons not to do so. That's also why if the person doesn't comment, or return calls, you will see "Calls to John Doe for his comments were not returned." Or "John Doe was contacted but refused to comment on this story." That way the reader knows the journalist was doing a fair and balanced story, which is his/her job -- unless it's an opinion piece -- then it's not journalism. If you want to do one-sided hit pieces then you can't call yourself a journalist:

Analysis | Sean Hannity now claims to be a journalist. He should be judged as such.

I don't know exactly what happened here so my comments are made in general.

If they do, at least they don't run out the door after me, and call me constantly after looking at a new vehicle, like traditional dealers do.

I thought the same thing. Employees make mistakes all the time and employers usually don't fire them over it since it's hard to find good employees, especially these days with the low unemployment rate. But mistakes are often used as a reason, since it's hard to fire someone over a personality conflict, for instance, or other issues. Also, it's not good to post gripes with prior employers on the net even if you didn't get a chance to tell your side of the story. You can do that with family, friends, colleges, and prospective employers, but the laundry, whether dirty or clean, should stay in the laundry room and not be aired in public. Prospective employers don't like controversy, even if you're in the right, and everyone searches the net these days as part of the hiring process.

yea, and Romney didn’t pay taxes either.....right or wrong, nothing you can do about some things and the damage is done...especially when you cannot be prosecuted for what you say knowing it was not true.....ask Harry Reid