Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Former M3P, current MSLR, and future MXP owner here, and not a peep until it's actually time for delivery and all of a sudden they're dispatching SWAT to get me to move forward with the process. Lol. My local center has got to be in the bottom 10% for customer service and knowledgeability in the country!

Reactions: chrsgerhart
Same here. Former M3P, current MSLR, and future MXP owner here, and not a peep until it's actually time for delivery and all of a sudden they're dispatching SWAT to get me to move forward with the process. Lol. My local center has got to be in the bottom 10% for customer service and knowledgeability in the country!
Such a shame that we can't get consistency amongst different store fronts/service centers.

Reactions: Neon001
Just received the "schedule delivery notification" and I'm locked in for 10/25!

IMG_6400.jpeg

2020 MX LR, 34,500 miles - $42,100.

Definitely took a beating, but the cost of the Plaid dropped dramatically and I save on taxes with the direct trade vs. selling privately. (plus the easy swap at pickup)
Picked up yesterday without any issues. Sweet baby Jesus, the improvements going from 2020 LR to this 23 MXP are enormous. Absolutely love the car.

I have my delivery date scheduled! I REALLY hope everything goes smoothly with delivery as I want my wife to have a car ASAP.

MXP - Black - Cream - Yoke
Ordered 9/1
EDD 1: Sept - Oct
EDD 2: Oct - Nov
EDD 3: Oct 13 - Nov 24
EDD 4: Oct 13 - Nov 17
VIN Received Oct 4
EDD 5: Oct 18 - Oct 25
Delivery Date Scheduled 10/16 for delivery on 10/19
Well, when I tell you there were absolutely no issues, I'm serious. No panel gaps, no disappointments 😂 Drives great, and the paint looks great. Car was a tad dirty but that SC doesn't have any covered parking. It'll buff. I was anxious, but now we are happy!

9/30 order date
Was Nov - Dec
Then Oct 12 - Oct 26
Then each day that went by an additional day was added
Now Nov 9 - Dec 21

Will only accept Black on Black 7 seater. Def no plaid- can't see myself paying extra for less range. NJ, so must be 20 inch... Not many people ordering 7 seaters, so no inventory cars.

Keeping my MX17 6 seater. Love that ride.

I find it strange that only the MXP was targeted for a price adjustment. Tesla could’ve easily made a slight increase to their volume models.
My guess it's a cost driver for them. Without a doubt, Tesla is seeing a huge influx of Model X because of the price drop and EV credit eligibility. I would think they would focus on just 5 seat for tax purposes and the others as less necessary. Not sure why the Plaid is specifically targeted....added complexity? Line costs? Materials? or all of the above?

I wouldn't be surprised my MXP gets further delayed.