Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Carbon Fiber Trunk/Tub/Boot Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Sale: Carbon Fiber Trunk/Tub/Boot Box

This part came out of my 2010 2.0 Roadster. The trunk is in excellent shape. They no longer sell the carbon fiber trunks, so replacements will be plastic. Brand new, the plastic tub is $2500. I'm asking $1000 for my used carbon fiber tub. I'm located in the Bay Area, CA. I prefer local pick up but will arrange for shipping at your cost. Thanks!

List Date: 10/28/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: For Sale: Carbon Fiber Trunk/Tub/Boot Box
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $1,000.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

77fa2ef0-105d-4d38-b011-6297ff7444c1.jpg
d4ff4350-a16f-44e3-b72d-c37bdef59a2e.jpg

Someone had posted that carbon fiber tubs were not made for the 2.0 Roadster. Here's a closer look at the side of the tub. It doesn't look like the carbon fiber trim inside my cabin, but it looks like carbon fiber. Can someone confirm?
tub.jpg

Yes, I posted earlier stating it wasn't CF. I then saw pics of another 2.0 that had a similar trunk as yours. The one thing that stood out was that there was no felt liner which the non-CF trunks have, I looked at yours and it appeared to be identical to the pic I viewed without the felt which made me feel yours was a CF so I deleted my post. With these pics it appears that if the trunk does not have the felt liner its most likely CF, if it does its plastic. Very curious the VIN where this cut-off was.

But I also agree with MAUTO, the close up pic does appear to look like a CF trunk.

Thanks for the extra pics!

Here's the pic of the 2.0 Roadster for sale where I noticed the CF. It was easier to see that it could be CF vs. the pic you originally posted and the pic of the CF trunk below:

2010 Roadster 2.0

af0e0594-bd3e-482d-8ad2-6c62ef42fb5e.jpg

Last edited:
I tend to think the opposite, I feel you'd feel the difference between the two. When my CF hardtop weighs less than the softtop on the Roadster and you handle both of them as well as an Elise Fiberglass hardtop (which then feels like a lead weight), you start to see how amazingly light CF really is.

Truth is on the scale however. Possibly heychubs can weigh it and if someone ever has their plastic trunk, to weight that one for a real concrete data comparison.

But given that the injected plastic trunk itself doesn't have much mass as is, it won't be anything like 5-10 lbs difference. I'd say a couple of pounds lighter just eyeballing it.

Last edited:
Sure, I'll try to balance it on a bathroom scale to measure the weight. I don't have a plastic one to compare with, but I really doubt it'll be more than 5 lbs difference.

I tend to think the opposite, I feel you'd feel the difference between the two. When my CF hardtop weighs less than the softtop on the Roadster and you handle both of them as well as an Elise Fiberglass hardtop (which then feels like a lead weight), you start to see how amazingly light CF really is.

Truth is on the scale however. Possibly heychubs can weigh it and if someone ever has their plastic trunk, to weight that one for a real concrete data comparison.

But given that the injected plastic trunk itself doesn't have much mass as is, it won't be anything like 5-10 lbs difference. I'd say a couple of pounds lighter just eyeballing it.