Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those that have gotten Arachnids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

Here is my main dash. All places that show the vehicle on the car reflect the Arachnid wheels.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tech_Guy
Anyone have any idea of the enregy cost (ie decreased range) of the Arachnids/Michelins?
Specifically, in my case the original 19s + the Michelin MX4 (IIRC) vs Arachnids + Michelin PS-2s?

Typically, if I drive carefully, I can make a common 215 mile trip using 220 (rated) miles, leaving my P85D with 34 miles worth of electricity. Even if the Arachnid set increases my use by 5% I should be fine, but I'd like to know someone else's experience.

Anyone have any idea of the enregy cost (ie decreased range) of the Arachnids/Michelins?
Specifically, in my case the original 19s + the Michelin MX4 (IIRC) vs Arachnids + Michelin PS-2s?

Typically, if I drive carefully, I can make a common 215 mile trip using 220 (rated) miles, leaving my P85D with 34 miles worth of electricity. Even if the Arachnid set increases my use by 5% I should be fine, but I'd like to know someone else's experience.
If I were betting, I'd say they're near the same weight and rotating mass as the 19s. Forged 21 arachnids vs. cast 19s. The cast 21" turbines are another story...boat anchors. I have them so I can make fun.

• Informative
Reactions: Kcharwood
Thanks for all the pics.......looking really good, inside and out.
Still waiting for min to arrive. Although I really love my 21 boat anchor Turbines. :D

Has anyone asked to have the Michelins swapped out for ContiSilents?
And if you've already got staggereds, is that what is provided with the Arachnids?

I think I posted this (elsewhere?) but never received a reply.

I have a 1000 mile run trip coming up next week with just adequate Supercharger spacing. Anyone know of the range penalty for Arachnids + PS2s vs the original 19s and MX4s? Is it more than a rounding error? I'm considering putting my 19s on for the trip ...

From my observations the 21" pushed me over 400 per mile Avg vs 350 Avg with my 19s and PS3 tires.

I Believe the mx4 19 is a low rolling resistance tire and is a smaller width VS the 21's that are not low rolling resistance and are also wider! Its definitely noticeable on a trip.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
If I were betting, I'd say they're near the same weight and rotating mass as the 19s.
Forged 21 arachnids vs. cast 19s. The cast 21" turbines are another story...boat anchors. I have them so I can make fun.

Waiting my new Grey Arachnids to arrive this week ... they are even lighter than the cast 19" wheels :cool:

21″ Arachnid Wheel
  • Size: 21X8.5″ front, 21X9.0″ rear.
  • Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
  • PCD: 5X120
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 26.4 / 28.6 pounds. 12/13kg
  • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
  • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
21″ Turbine Wheel
  • Size: 21X8.5″ front, 20×9.0″ rear
  • Offset: +40 PCD: 5X120
  • Center bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 35.2 lbs. / 38 lbs.
19″ Model S Base Wheel
  • Size: 19X8.0″
  • Offset: +40
  • PCD: 5X120
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 29.5 lbs

For what it's worth, I'm getting about 10% less range with my arachnids... was expected along with the increase in road noise. My experience is that the weight never makes much of a difference as far as mileage, but the size does. I have the regular pilot sport 2, not the super sports. So I'm hopeful that when these wear out (I expect soon with a 220 treadwear rating), the PSS with the insert helps with the road noise.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
I am getting arachnids for this round of referrals, I have grey turbines so I'm thinking about silver, since I can easily paint them black later but the grey seems like it would be the hardest to paint but to have two sets of wheels in grey wheels seems repetitive. I need help and I know there is no shortage of opinions here.

I am getting arachnids for this round of referrals, I have grey turbines so I'm thinking about silver, since I can easily paint them black later but the grey seems like it would be the hardest to paint but to have two sets of wheels in grey wheels seems repetitive. I need help and I know there is no shortage of opinions here.
The current program says the wheels are only offered in silver. Also it doesn't clearly state they come with tires. Anyone have insight on whether or not the arachnids offered in the current program come with tires?

View attachment 229917

These are the grey. My dash also updated to show these also.
You know I think these are actually the Silver, the gray should be the same color as the gray turbines on the dash which is definitely darker... Good news though the most recent update added Black and I would guess Gray as well, previously only the silver was available in the system...

Heres what I got after the most recent update...

FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8489.JPG
    IMG_8489.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 47