TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

For those who charge at home with UMC (14-50), do you have a hook to organize cable?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by hemants, Sep 30, 2015.

1. hemants

hemants Member

Pictures?

2. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

3. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

Here's mine. UberEV1 for the bracket, Tesla for the cable controller.

Attached Files:

4. Only Trons

Only Trons Supporting Member

Believe there are other posts in the forum where others had similar questions --- these may be helpful. I used a hose reel I had sitting around and purchased a hook from the local hardware store.

20150820_105705.jpg

5. brec

brec Member

I installed the Wall Connector Cable Organizer and then later realized I could get the cable off the floor while charging (and while not charging) by using the garage door rail as a hanger. The Organizer is still useful for stowing the connector. I seldom take road trips which would require me to pack the Mobile Connector and hence un-hang the cable and re-hang on return -- or spend $650 for another.

Hanging cable.jpg

Cable Organizer.jpg

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

7. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Those orange brackets in several pictures are sold at Home Depot. I have two HPWCs, (two locations) but I bought two of those orange brackets, with longer arms, set wider apart, to hold the cables.

8. ibdb

ibdb Any excuse for a road trip

I use one of the two pronged orange brackets like shown in the pictures above, and a single pronged orange bracket to loop the cable around. It's worked perfectly for me.

9. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

@tstafford: Thank you for the plug! (pun intended)

@hemants: Here's a link to the marketplace listing (if you're interested): UMC Bracket

With 3D printing, we can print in lots of colors. Most popular is black, but have received orders for the red and white ones as well . . .

~

Attached Files:

10. ckessel

ckessel Active Member