TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

For those who charge at home with UMC (14-50), do you have a hook to organize cable?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by hemants, Sep 30, 2015.

1. hemants

hemants Member

Pictures?

2. tstafford

tstafford Member

Here's mine. UberEV1 for the bracket, Tesla for the cable controller.

Attached Files:

3. Only Trons

Only Trons Member

Believe there are other posts in the forum where others had similar questions --- these may be helpful. I used a hose reel I had sitting around and purchased a hook from the local hardware store.

20150820_105705.jpg

4. brec

brec Member

I installed the Wall Connector Cable Organizer and then later realized I could get the cable off the floor while charging (and while not charging) by using the garage door rail as a hanger. The Organizer is still useful for stowing the connector. I seldom take road trips which would require me to pack the Mobile Connector and hence un-hang the cable and re-hang on return -- or spend $650 for another.

Hanging cable.jpg

Cable Organizer.jpg

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

6. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Those orange brackets in several pictures are sold at Home Depot. I have two HPWCs, (two locations) but I bought two of those orange brackets, with longer arms, set wider apart, to hold the cables.

7. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

I use one of the two pronged orange brackets like shown in the pictures above, and a single pronged orange bracket to loop the cable around. It's worked perfectly for me.

8. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

@tstafford: Thank you for the plug! (pun intended)

@hemants: Here's a link to the marketplace listing (if you're interested): UMC Bracket

With 3D printing, we can print in lots of colors. Most popular is black, but have received orders for the red and white ones as well . . .

~

Attached Files:

9. ckessel

ckessel Active Member