TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Forum Page Loading Problems

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by tezco, Feb 8, 2014.

1. tezco

tezco Sig P85

Pages are loading on my iPad and then refreshing several times which result in the Forum topic index moving up and down the screen. I suspect it is due to the adds at the top loading after the fact. I keep selecting the wrong topic from the index because everthing moves just as I go to select a topic. This seems to be a recent change as I've only noticed this in the past couple of days.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Haven't changed anything recently on this end that could be related. I tracked the problem down to the social media (specifically facebook) buttons loading. Maybe facebook changed something. The buttons load asynchronously and I guess screw with the line height.

I implemented a temp fix till I can test something more permanent later. Let me know if things are better.

3. tezco

tezco Sig P85

#3 tezco, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    It seems better on the home page of a topic, but no change when I drill down to a specific thread. Unfortunately now I'm experiencing the following when replying to your post, until I switch to advanced mode:

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

That's a separate issue. You have to click the forward arrow above the keyboard.

iOS 6 - Page 3

5. tezco

tezco Sig P85

#5 tezco, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    The forum pages appear to be behaving normally again, including the keyboard disappearing issue. I don't have arrows above the keyboard, though. (But I haven't upgraded to 7 -- still on 6.1.3) I only see "Previous" and "Next", but "Next" doesn't highlight when I press it.

Thanks. B>