Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found black rubber cap under seat when vacuuming on model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rea123

Jan 19, 2024
nj
Anyone know where this came from and where can put it back?

Attachments

• 1705684030108229458440795110007.jpg
    1705684030108229458440795110007.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 37
Anyone know where this came from and where can put it back?
It's probably either complete unrelated to your car and it feel of something you were transporting. Or, it was a plug for a port on a part that feel under the seat during production or service. I see plugs like this on new auto parts all the time. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. OEs aren't likely to use a plug like that for a permanent solution to any problem because they fall off too easily...

It's probably either complete unrelated to your car and it feel of something you were transporting. Or, it was a plug for a port on a part that feel under the seat during production or service. I see plugs like this on new auto parts all the time. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. OEs aren't likely to use a plug like that for a permanent solution to any problem because they fall off too easily...

The second part makes a lot of sense and I agree. After doing some research either production related protection piece, or post-production packaging makes the most sense. Although, I noticed it after I started hearing a new squeaking from the passenger seat and I was looking around the base for a source (also probaby just coincidence). They have gotta be related to the cars though, other than a cosmic coincidence with the OP mine was literally identical. I should say, my car is a 2023 Model 3.