Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founders Series Powerwall Reward - Anyone interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the word from Tesla that my powerwall referral prize is now ready to proceed. Unfortunately my current home is not capable of supporting the install, but Tesla is allowing me to transfer my reward to another person.

Tesla will be awarding you the following:
• Founder Series Powerwall(s) ($6,500)
• Energy Gateway ($1,100)
• Installation Credit ($1,000)

Anyone interested in a powerwall referral prize who wants to arrange a side-deal?

Well aware of the tax consequences. These 3rd party sales will have to be priced accordingly or they won't make sense.

I already have powerwalls, and just want to add a 4th (which we pre-wired for) so I don't need the gateway and the install costs should be very small.
We'll be adding a 4th Powerwall as well. We also had ours pre-wired so our install costs are going to be about $1000. Half of that was permitting fees. When we had the first three installed, it was only $200 for each additional. I guess we could've saved about $800 if we'd just gotten them all installed at once. Oh well.

Last edited:
We'll be adding a 4th Powerwall as well. We also had ours pre-wired so our install costs are going to be about $1000. Half of that was permitting fees. When we had the first three installed, it was only $200 for each additional. I guess we could've saved about $800 if we'd just gotten them all installed at once. Oh well.

Yeah, in a similar situation. I didn't expect the price of the powerwalls to go UP after my install was completed.

I was just notified about my Powerwall referral award, but I have no plans to install solar in this current house. Can anyone verify that we can "gift" these to someone else? I'm still waiting to hear back from Tesla... :confused:
Yes you can gift it to someone else but that someone else needs to be in a area where Tesla does install Powerwalls.

Note: that person will be taxed on the value of the gift, plus the cost of installation is more than what was included in your Powerwall Referral so there will be some out of pocket costs for the other party!

• Informative
Reactions: Chaz