Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four red proximity warning indicators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a weird thing happen the other day, shortly after leaving the driveway I noticed all these red indicators around the car. I tried powering down but that didn’t help. Had to do reboot holding the scroll wheels. I think its the proximity warning but it wasn’t beeping or doing anything.

4FC46F71-BF6B-4C8D-9F17-8FDCDBD8E37F.jpeg

I had a weird thing happen the other day, shortly after leaving the driveway I noticed all these red indicators around the car. I tried powering down but that didn’t help. Had to do reboot holding the scroll wheels. I think its the proximity warning but it wasn’t beeping or doing anything.

View attachment 649835
Yes, that's your proximity warning. It will be yellow if you're close but not too close, then it turns red as you get closer. Personally, I'm glad there are no warnings sounds along with the visual warning because I live on a narrow one lane road and they proximity warning goes off all the time I'm on it. Check you manual, there may be an option for an audio warning as well.

this happen to me a couple days ago.

pulled out of the garage and my right front prox sensor was red. was the first time i saw this so i thought it may have been telling me the mirror was not folded out all the way 🙄 so i folded and folded and it didn't change.

so i drove onto the main street from the side street and after a quarter mile or less the prox indicator went away and the screen showed the street markings and such. i thought maybe what happened was that the camera or something needed re calibrating? 🤷‍♂️

latest firmware. FSD.