Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frame under the door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KirtBall

2021 M3 SR+ White/Black 18” wheels
Aug 15, 2021
Charlotte NC
I wanted to see if this is normal. I noticed that the frame (or maybe it’s called the bottom pillar ? Not sure what it’s called) under the driver and front passenger door retains a bit of water. Is this normal? I feel like this part of the frame is sticking out a bit but wanted to see if others noticed the same on their model 3

Attachments

• CFB00BCB-D4DD-4CA5-9ADC-CFBA1EEBDAAB.jpeg
    CFB00BCB-D4DD-4CA5-9ADC-CFBA1EEBDAAB.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 102
  • C921EB0B-68FC-4BCB-BC32-455DB929FFCC.jpeg
    C921EB0B-68FC-4BCB-BC32-455DB929FFCC.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 67
The idea is to keep the water out of the cabin and move it around and down to the bottom of the door so it can drain out. Not sure adding extra molding is the way to go. If washing the car and the door sills properly and drying same I don't experience any dirt in my door sills. There is still some water that drains out several hours later but it's clean.

The idea is to keep the water out of the cabin and move it around and down to the bottom of the door so it can drain out. Not sure adding extra molding is the way to go. If washing the car and the door sills properly and drying same I don't experience any dirt in my door sills. There is still some water that drains out several hours later but it's clean.
I believe the dirt and water is getting in the sills under the door when driving during rainy weather. I also wash/dry this area every time I clean the car. Same location as the two pictures posted above. Frame under the door