Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Tesla Charging Station With Purchase of Ranch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Free Tesla Charging Station With Purchase of Ranch

Tesla Charging station and associated Ranch on 20 acres with it's own custom home, waterfalls, barn and orchard.

Listing info:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rgtm8ybcrmj5fa/Whitmore.pdf?dl=0

List Date: 12/18/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Free Tesla Charging Station With Purchase of Ranch
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $650,000.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

2b91940b-9d45-4044-8416-7d92e9d9e927.png

Last edited:
Aesculus,

That video posted above was taken in August 2015, this year, which was one of the driest we've have since I've lived here. So, the creek as shown in the video is at it's lowest. At it's deepest, it got down to about 8'. In a normal year it's more like 12' deep. It rises about 5' in the winter on average and can get about 20' higher during a big spring storm when combined with snow melt from the higher elevations.

The property itself is green from about October to early June, and then anything you don't irrigate turns brown. We have 'riparian' rights on the creek to irrigate up to 6 acres for non-commercial purposes and then we have a tail water ditch that runs on the side of the property opposite the creek that sees hundreds of thousands of gallons of water from the larger ranches irrigating up hill from us. We tend to get more water in the drier years due to increased irrigation requirements.

That said, it's hot and dry. We don't utilize all the water rights. The only thing we irrigate is the garden and small orchard which combined are about 5,000 square feet. The tail water ditch overflows throughout the summer and will create a greenbelt at the top of the property, fills up 2 of the ponds intermittently, and keeps the pens around the horse barn green. We let the rest of the property dry up in the summer.

Jimtesla,

Unless you count my son, we don't get squatters. We do get trespassers in the summer down at the creek. They enter from the property next door which is 30 acres and unoccupied. It's the only way in because of the way the canyon cuts through the hills. The property directly across is 100 acres and has frontage on the creek, but it's by way of a very steep ravine so effectively it's inaccessible.

Until about 3 years ago, we used to get a lot of trespassers. Sometimes we'd see 20 to 30 a day. In the last 3 years, the adjoining property has improved fencing, made it difficult for people to pull off the road and park and have posted signs. You wouldn't think that would be as effective as it's been, but we only get maybe a dozen people a year now. Sometimes is just a small group fly fishing for steel head or just out hiking. The days of large groups showing up with dogs, coolers and kids are gone.

nice video but I could not see the charging station...where is it located
is that lake half full? also would be nice to know the borders of the property
drone shot showing the perimeter giving the full view of whats included
thanks

Charging station is located in garage. When you pull into the garage, it's located next to the left rear side of the vehicle where the charging port is. It's on it's own meter for tracking purposes. I do not have a picture and I'm not at the ranch so I can't take one at this time.

Just to be clear, the 'lake' in the video is actually a pond. It's only about 1/2 acre in size when it's full. The pond that shows in the drone video is about 1/2 full. It's typical to be about that full from late October to early May. It will fill up completely in any heavy rains, but it will overflow into a steam that heads down to the creek. There are 3 ponds on the property, and this is the largest. Only one of the ponds is full year round.

Here is a screen shot of the property layout from google earth. The red line is the approximate property line. The blue line is the approximate property line that runs down the middle of the creek. The blue ares are the locations of the 3 ponds and the yellow box is the location of the house. The blue line at the top of the property is the approximate location of the tail water ditch.

google earth view.png

Here are the adjacent properties and their approximate acreage. The 30 acre property to the east is unoccupied. 3 of the 4 10 acre properties the west have a single family home on them. The 100 acre property to the south is sometimes occupied by the owner and the 500 acre and 5,000 acre properties are working cattle ranches.

The main (and only) road, Whitmore Rd, runs east to west. It runs for 11 miles to the west where it connects with Highway 44. If you head east, it will turn to a dirt road about 5 miles up. Because it's a 15 mile long dead end, there isn't much traffic up the road.

adjacent_property.png

If you take the road until it turns to dirt, it enters Latour State Forest which then turns into Lassen National Park to the east. I've heard you can take Whitmore Rd until you hit dirt, and then stay on dirt roads all the way to Nevada. I've never tried it myself but I have spent many many hours back there exploring. This property is legitimately rural and if you head east, it quickly turns into some of the most remote areas in all of California. To give a sense of scale and density, Whitmore CA, according to wikipedia, has 166 residents, including me. Physically, it's about the size of San Francisco + all the cities between it and San Mateo. It's mainly just cattle ranches and the people who work them and the very very occasional software engineer.

I'd buy this today if not for California's gun laws. Beautiful property, exactly what I'm looking for.

I know what you mean. I'd move to Utah if it weren't for their booze laws. I sometimes like to order two drinks at the same time and have them both on the table or carry them freely. For instance, I might like to have a nice syrah with a small batch bourbon as a backup drink in case I spill the wine. Utah is oppressing me.

Reactions: rgjones