Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Factory To Reopen Today, May 8th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Words cannot possibly describe how I feel about what Elon is doing. To be this arrogant, this ignorant, and this willing to sacrifice the health and well-being of his workforce is something I never thought I'd see out of him. This BS about "don't come to work if you don't feel comfortable" is even more appalling. His workers know that if they don't show up, they'll get laid off under some BS excuse. I loath unions but right now Tesla manufacturing needs one like never before. The board really needs to remove this clown from Tesla before his arrogance destroy's all that has been built. If my Tesla lease were up right now I'd refuse to get another one.

Jeff

The Latest Tweet: “Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.”

Elon: Choosing to violate the rules.

“Everyone Else” in the Factory: Being ordered by Elon to choose between (i) violating a governmental order or (ii) taking an unpaid leave of absence without eligibility for unemployment benefits.

Yet he thinks being "on the line with everyone else" means they are all the same.

I bet he really doesn’t see the difference.

Gov. Newsom said he didn't give permission for Tesla to open.

When did Tesla gotten permission from the state? State of Tesla, maybe but not CA.

Newsom got asked about Tesla is already open this morning during Newsom's daily conference. Only to find out by that reporter.

Popcorn time!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Gov. Newsom said he didn't give permission for Tesla to open.

When did Tesla gotten permission from the state? State of Tesla, maybe but not CA.

Newsom got asked about Tesla is already open this morning during Newsom's daily conference. Only to find out by that reporter.

Popcorn time!
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Popcorn time indeed!

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
I don’t always agree with Elon but I do 100% on this issue, this isn’t just about opening up a car factory. This is about the people giving the government too much power in the name of “safety”. Well where does it end? Where’s the line? What other liberties and freedoms will we give up in the name of “safety”
This isn’t soviet Russia where the government chooses if your business stays open or closed.

Give the government an inch and they’ll take a mile

Well, if the factory gets raided and the employees get arrested they can at least be assured Tesla will throw their bail (only because they want them to get back to work as quickly as possible).

PR nightmare needlessly created by a giant sized ego...

EM is great when dealing with machines, but terrible dealing with fragile humans.
Lets hope his Crew Dragon Capsule, due to launch on May 27th puts human safety above all other concerns.

Last edited:
I don’t always agree with Elon but I do 100% on this issue, this isn’t just about opening up a car factory. This is about the people giving the government too much power in the name of “safety”. Well where does it end? Where’s the line? What other liberties and freedoms will we give up in the name of “safety”
This isn’t soviet Russia where the government chooses if your business stays open or closed.

Give the government an inch and they’ll take a mile

Yawn... Talk about an overreaction... People are being asked to stay home and business are being put under temporary restrictions that enforce what's being asked. That's it. No one's getting shot in the street for leaving their home, in isolated cases some are being arrested but only after openly ignoring instructions to comply. Otherwise, you're rambling is just paranoia... Where does it end? Basically where it's at right now. No one gave up anything, much less their "freedoms".

Jeff

The headline is misleading. He did not ask to be arrested, he said "“If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me,” -- which is quite noble

And he is right to open, and he is right to oppose policies that hurt the people that work at his factory

The "people that work at his factory" were, for the most part, receiving unemployment benefits that were larger than their paychecks had been, and would have continued to receive those benefits for another couple of months if Tesla hadn't recalled them to work.

Don't pretend he did this for his manufacturing employees. He's not being some sort of martyr for them.

He's just having a tantrum because there was a rule that he didn't want to follow... And Elon doesn't like following rules unless he feels like following the rule.

The "people that work at his factory" were, for the most part, receiving unemployment benefits that were larger than their paychecks had been, and would have continued to receive those benefits for another couple of months if Tesla hadn't recalled them to work.

Wow, by this logic we should just shutter ALL manufacturing and businesses in the country and just print money and send checks.... sounds like a utopia.....

Wow, by this logic we should just shutter ALL manufacturing and businesses in the country and just print money and send checks.... sounds like a utopia.....

It's quite sad that's what you took from that comment... I'm not surprised though. Until it's actually safe to return to work, not the kind of "safe" Elon advocates rather the "safe" public health experts determine, I wouldn't and nor would any sane person either.

Jeff