Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Factory To Reopen Today, May 8th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Fremont Factory To Reopen Today Afternoon, Emailed By Elon Musk To Employees

From the today's Tesmanian article:

Musk wrote that he will also return to work and will personally be present at the plant in order to provide any necessary assistance.
In light of Governor Newsom’s statement earlier today approving manufacturing in California, we will aim to restart production in Fremont tomorrow afternoon.

I will be on the line personally helping wherever I can. However, if you feel uncomfortable coming back to work at this time, please do not feel obligated to do so. These are difficult times, so thanks very much for working hard to make Tesla successful!

Tesla Human Resources Head Valerie Capers Workman, in a letter to employees, said the factory would resume “limited operations” Friday, bringing back around 30% of the employees that would normally be working on a given shift. Employees recalled to work and agreed to appear will have to undergo training on the new COVID-19 security protocols.

In connection with the beginning of the gradual opening of enterprises, Alameda County issued a statement. It stated that medical workers and officials will work with business leaders and the community to find ways to safely open businesses.
Health officers will continue working in collaboration with local elected officials, community and business leaders to find ways to reopen more businesses and activities safely, while sustaining the progress we have made to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.

We will continue to work with our community and business leaders to accomplish careful, measured progress that allows us to maintain our gains as we move forward to further reopening and better times ahead.

"I will be on the line personally helping wherever I can. However, if you feel uncomfortable coming back to work at this time, please do not feel obligated to do so. These are difficult times, so thanks very much for working hard to make Tesla successful! ”

Wow, does he know how to use a torque wrench?
It would be really cool if Elon signs the cars he personally works on (if indeed that happens).
Lets see if he can ignore the Model Y panel gap issues, paint issues, back seat issues, etc.. if he's there personally assembling the cars.

Wow, does he know how to use a torque wrench?
It would be really cool if Elon signs the cars he personally works on (if indeed that happens).
Lets see if he can ignore the Model Y panel gap issues, paint issues, back seat issues, etc.. if he's there personally assembling the cars.

As cool as it would be for him to actually help build the cars, I think he meant he will be around as a supportive role to show people they are in a safe place. But I could definitely be wrong and would love to see some images of him actually working on the cars!

I'm so tired of his antics... All he's trying to do here is force the county to put their foot down so he can use that to further his own agenda... He doesn't care about the workers, period. This "if you don't feel comfortable" BS is just that, BS... I can promise you those who refuse to return won't be around long due to "layoffs". I've lost complete respect for Elon and believe he's now a liability to Tesla rather than an asset and the board would do well removing him. Yeah I know a lot of people here think Elon walks on water but...

Jeff

I'm so tired of his antics... All he's trying to do here is force the county to put their foot down so he can use that to further his own agenda... He doesn't care about the workers, period. This "if you don't feel comfortable" BS is just that, BS... I can promise you those who refuse to return won't be around long due to "layoffs". I've lost complete respect for Elon and believe he's now a liability to Tesla rather than an asset and the board would do well removing him. Yeah I know a lot of people here think Elon walks on water but...

Jeff

So when do you think the bay area should open? It has one of the lowest numbers in the entire country, the entire state of Cali is opening..but the bay area is holding their ground. What the use of closing another week or month when a few miles away are opening besides hurting local businesses? Hey if the bay area is constructing a dome and want Covid numbers to be zero with strict entry/exit then have at it Hoss. But since that's not happening then what is the the purpose for closing ?

Last edited:
Update:
Again, the Fremont plant will not open as Elon had planned. This is a recurring theme.
Tesla ordered to keep main US plant closed

From the BBC article:
"Tesla has been informed that they do not meet those criteria and must not reopen," Alameda County said in a statement. "We welcome Tesla's proactive work on a reopening plan so that once they fit the criteria to reopen, they can do so in a way that protects their employees and the community at large."

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Kalifornia goal. Everyone on welfare. It's getting close. J/K.

The Valley Workers are the only one with money again. Not J/K.

Yup - it is no wonder that Tesla built GF 1 in Nevada, and are looking at places like Texas to build the Cybertruck. And it should be noted that every other major car manufacturer who used to have manufacturing operations in California moved them out a long time ago.

So when do you think the bay area should open? It has one of the lowest numbers in the entire country, the entire state of Cali is opening..but the bay area is holding their ground. What the use of closing another week or month when a few miles away are opening besides hurting local businesses? Hey if the bay area is constructing a dome and want Covid numbers to be zero with strict entry/exit then have at it Hoss. But since that's not happening then what is the the purpose for closing ?

Not my call to make, I'm not a public health expert, I have zero degrees or expertise in immunology so it would be grossly inappropriate for me to comment here. My opinion, like yours, doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter. These decisions are better left to those educated to make them, period.

Jeff

Yup - it is no wonder that Tesla built GF 1 in Nevada, and are looking at places like Texas to build the Cybertruck. And it should be noted that every other major car manufacturer who used to have manufacturing operations in California moved them out a long time ago.

Called it.

It'll give them the opportunity to improve their paint processes as well.

Not my call to make, I'm not a public health expert, I have zero degrees or expertise in immunology so it would be grossly inappropriate for me to comment here. My opinion, like yours, doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter. These decisions are better left to those educated to make them, period.

Jeff
But you said Elon is trying to infect and kill employees.
Clearly you feel like everything should be closed down completely until this virus is no more.. right?