Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front camera haziness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
My MX front camera picture or video recording at the bottom side is hazy .
Tesla mobile technician had to replaced front camera and still same issue. No improvement. I have attached a picture for your reference.
In this picture, you can see that area around truck license plate area is hazy but top portion of picture is very clear.

Have you had this issue ? Any suggestions to get rid of picture haziness ?

Thanks

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-19_20-15-29.png
    upload_2020-2-19_20-15-29.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • FrontCamera_Haziness.PNG
    FrontCamera_Haziness.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • FrontCamera_Haziness.PNG
    FrontCamera_Haziness.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Does the haze come and go as you watch the video? If so, it might be your USB device not keeping up with the cameras. Your USB drive should support USB 3.1 speeds, and even better, be a small SSD like a Samsung T5.
Jboy210, It does not seem USB issue as other camera recording is good. Only this front camera recording has haziness.

...bottom side is hazy...

I don't know what your expectation is because that's the best resolution that I've seen so far.

An example from my Model 3 HW2.5:
upload_2020-2-20_12-31-18.png

I can't read any license plate numbers. The white road sign on the right in front is not recognizable either.

It's a matter of resolution, not haziness.

I suspect that Tesla's cameras are optimized for machine efficiency and not for human artistic eyes.

If you want a decent resolution, you should look at a dedicated dash cam that's not made for machine automation purposes.

I don't know what your expectation is because that's the best resolution that I've seen so far.

An example from my Model 3 HW2.5:
View attachment 513174

I can't read any license plate numbers. The white road sign on the right in front is not recognizable either.

It's a matter of resolution, not haziness.

I suspect that Tesla's cameras are optimized for machine efficiency and not for human artistic eyes.

If you want a decent resolution, you should look at a dedicated dash cam that's not made for machine automation purposes.

Tam, thanks for your response.
I am not looking to read other car license plates :). I just gave example of haziness of front camera recording. You have very good resolution picture but for me, the bottom (left , right and center) picture quality is hazy. Tesla tech changed my camera but same issue. I was wondering if any one had same issue and what was resolution. Tech cleaned area around camera inside and I have cleaned outside windshield area.
I have seen that there is film strip near front camera and I doubt that is blocking picture quality.

...haziness...

TeslaCam is for machine-reading and analysis. Its color, clarity, haziness are all optimized for the automation system and not meant for human eyes.

What's unacceptable to human eyes is purposefully designed for the benefit of machine, and not human eyes.

If machine can't analyze its TeslaCam, there will be error messages popping up on your instrument clusters and you won't be able to activate TACC and Autopilot.

The fact that your observation of haziness has not degraded the automation system means it's good to go.

You can have Tesla change your TeslaCam all you want but none will be acceptable to human eyes.

TeslaCam is for machine-reading and analysis. Its color, clarity, haziness are all optimized for the automation system and not meant for human eyes.

What's unacceptable to human eyes is purposefully designed for the benefit of machine, and not human eyes.

If machine can't analyze its TeslaCam, there will be error messages popping up on your instrument clusters and you won't be able to activate TACC and Autopilot.

The fact that your observation of haziness has not degraded the automation system means it's good to go.

You can have Tesla change your TeslaCam all you want but none will be acceptable to human eyes.
Tam, thanks