Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost got struck by Lightning today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RayK

Apr 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
... a Ford Lightning, that is:

https://youtu.be/XQ5gT9dTPEQ

As somewhat explained in the test accompanying the YT video, I had just left my veterinarian's office and was headed to a nearby Starbucks when a Ford Lightning ran a red light and nearly t-boned me. My light turned green, I proceeded into the intersection, while watching the oncoming truck on my left. I thought he was going to stop, but he just sailed on through the intersection. There is a clearly displayed red light from the right repeater in the second half of the video.

Wish the car saves the B pillar video feeds. Could have got a nice view of the front of the truck, with possibly the license plate. Although it does have a front license plate frame, I can't read it from the front camera, nor does the right repeater have a view since there was a car next to me.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Probably distracted since they were going so slow. Most red light runners are going fast, and decide it's better to run the light than slow and stop. Anyway, good that you were looking, as you should.