Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Dash Grill Mesh Speaker Sticking Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried searching and viewing removal videos on the internet but could not locate any answers.

I took delivery last week and miss this flaw on the interior. The speaker inside the grill mesh in front of the passenger is not installed properly. See the three pictures. I have tried pushing down on it but it wouldn't budge. Does anyone know if it is something that I can easily fix?

Attachments

• 20190629_121616.jpg
    20190629_121616.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 755
  • 20190629_121623.jpg
    20190629_121623.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 20190629_121633.jpg
    20190629_121633.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 622
I have tried searching and viewing removal videos on the internet but could not locate any answers.

I took delivery last week and miss this flaw on the interior. The speaker inside the grill mesh in front of the passenger is not installed properly. See the three pictures. I have tried pushing down on it but it wouldn't budge. Does anyone know if it is something that I can easily fix?
Easiest fix would be to schedule for a mobile repair. I’d think they’d be able to take care of that for you.

I'm sorry but booking an appointment is not the right answer. This car has no business passing final inspection before delivery.

Do any Tesla cars pass a final inspection after they roll off the assembly line?

Tesla knows exactly whats causing these petty appointments. An AI camera inspection is capable of finding these minor issues prior to cars rolling off the assembly line.

Tesla Customers should be reading news about advances in Quality Control instead of reading about advances in Game playing capability.

I am wondering how you missed that. But most of all, I am wondering how TESLA missed that. Inexcusable, and simply saying "Mobile service will fix it!" is missing the point. Something like this just shouldn't be happening. Period. If they fixed it at the factory, they wouldn't have to pay a mobile service guy. That's bleeding $. And they really can't afford to right now. That being said. I hope they can fix it.

I am wondering how you missed that. But most of all, I am wondering how TESLA missed that. Inexcusable, and simply saying "Mobile service will fix it!" is missing the point. Something like this just shouldn't be happening. Period. If they fixed it at the factory, they wouldn't have to pay a mobile service guy. That's bleeding $. And they really can't afford to right now. That being said. I hope they can fix it.
Whatever happened, he missed it on inspection. I almost missed a door ding right before I drove out after my delivery was completed. You had to look at it at just the right angle to see it. It happens. I agree, it shouldn’t be happening but who knows if it happened at the factory, during transport, or wherever? Things like this happen all the time with other car manufacturers and the reason car buyers rarely see any defects is that their dealerships are equipped to deal with any defects or mishaps from the factory and transport prior to the customer purchasing the car. Should the service center have noticed it prior to delivery? Absolutely; however, at this point what else can the OP do? I’m sure Tesla will take care of it.

I took delivery at the Vancouver, BC location and all cars were delivered in an underground parking lot with very little overhead light. I had to bring a flash light with me. With very little lights and the interior being all dark/black, I didn't notice it at all.

I agree with what you said about the mobile technician. My appointment is July 19th (three weeks away and earliest) so I am sure these mobile technicians are busy fixing these minor items.

I took delivery at the Vancouver, BC location and all cars were delivered in an underground parking lot with very little overhead light. I had to bring a flash light with me. With very little lights and the interior being all dark/black, I didn't notice it at all.

I agree with what you said about the mobile technician. My appointment is July 19th (three weeks away and earliest) so I am sure these mobile technicians are busy fixing these minor items.

Just to be clear. I didn’t mean to come off hard on you or anything. :)

Too bad it’s a 3 week wait. Keep us updated!

I missed curb damage on my right front wheel at delivery....and I did several walks arounds. When picking up a new car there tends to be a bit of sensory overload....easy to miss stuff. No worries- it will be fixed...in a bit of time. My wheel repairs took two months...

Reactions: C141medic
Update:

The Tesla Repair Technician called before hand and arrived within the time window specified three weeks ago. Quickly went to work and discovered that there was an obstruction underneath the speaker. The obstruction was the body metal bending up and inward. He said he has never seen this error before and I just cannot understand how this can happen in the factory. The Tesla Repair Technician bent the metal away from the center and now the speaker sits flushed with its mount. He used quite a bit of force for it to happen and it wasn't a clean solution, but I will never see underneath again anyway.

Due to the mesh being bent from the factory and me owning the car for about a month, the mesh will not return to its original state and will require a second mobile repair call. See the two images.

Attachments

• 20190719_152506.jpg
    20190719_152506.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 20190719_165920.jpg
    20190719_165920.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 278
  • Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
Update:

The Tesla Repair Technician called before hand and arrived within the time window specified three weeks ago. Quickly went to work and discovered that there was an obstruction underneath the speaker. The obstruction was the body metal bending up and inward. He said he has never seen this error before and I just cannot understand how this can happen in the factory. The Tesla Repair Technician bent the metal away from the center and now the speaker sits flushed with its mount. He used quite a bit of force for it to happen and it wasn't a clean solution, but I will never see underneath again anyway.

Due to the mesh being bent from the factory and me owning the car for about a month, the mesh will not return to its original state and will require a second mobile repair call. See the two images.

That is really bizarre.