Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front door opening size difference between X and S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

It appears to me that the X front door height opening (measured vertically from the rearmost flat section of the top of the sill up to the inner edge of the seal at the top) is several inches more than the S. I have not measured an X. On my S that height is about 33.5".

Anyone have that height for the X front door? The photo below shows how I measured the height I am referring to. It looks more than 33.5" in the photo because I took it looking down. Thanks.

IMG_3089.JPG

Thanks! So the X has about a 7.5" higher door opening compared to the S. That is a big difference. No wonder it feels so much easier to get in and out of the front doors of an X, or at least it does for me (6 ft 2 in tall).
You're welcome!

Easier to get into X than S is one of the reasons I purchased an X rather than an S.

I'm about the same height, and having entered middle age, have realized I don't like getting into and out of low vehicles either so this was definitely a big selling point. That and the awesome windshield! :D;)

Where would the 3 fit in there???
We don't know. But my guess is that the 3 door opening will be essentially the same as the S. There is another thread on TMC where someone posted an animated graphic with a 3 prototype image switching back and forth with an S image. Roof height is the same. Lower edge of the body seems about the same.