Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end damage, would this be totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You keep saying "non Tesla shop" when what it appears you mean is "Non Tesla CERTIFIED" shop. BIIIGGG Difference. Tesla can not tell you that you have to take it to a "Tesla shop". They can specify that you need to take it to a tesla certified shop" (which absolutely does not have to be Tesla owned), to maintain warranty coverage.

On a side note, I am still trying to figure out why over the past few months people have the impression that this site has anything at all to do with insurance valuation. The number of first posts where people are asking, in various ways "is this totaled?" is very strange to me.
I appreciate your information. I won’t be participating in this thread any longer. Point taken

I appreciate your information. I won’t be participating in this thread any longer. Point taken
Well, good luck with the repair, or the claim. I hope it works out for you. I have to say, accident repair is my biggest fear having owned two Teslas. Range anxiety, flat tires, car fires, phantom braking, etc. are nothing compared to the apparent nightmare of getting one of these fixed. It's the main reason I'm hesitant to recommend a Tesla to people I care about (friends/family).

Reactions: btownalset
Thank you for the that, Tesla told me that if I take it to a non Tesla shop it voids the warranty unfortunately.

What in the world are you talking about?
What warranty?
Why are you even calling Tesla?

This is an motor vehicle accident claim between you and State Farm.
Do what State Farm claim adjuster instructs you to do. Stop talking to Tesla, they have no say in this matter.

Or not, and wait for 2-6 months for a service slot to clear at that one an only Tesla shop you like so much.
:rolleyes:

On a side note, I am still trying to figure out why over the past few months people have the impression that this site has anything at all to do with insurance valuation. The number of first posts where people are asking, in various ways "is this totaled?" is very strange to me.

Also, the number of inquiries coming from folks who seam to have NEVER had ANY interaction with an insurance company, and have no idea how to process an insurance claim, is pretty amazing.
Are Teslas now the default "starter" cars for teens? Has everyone stopped learning by crashing their Civics first?

Reactions: zoomer0056