Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Facing Camera Got Too Hot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I'm 3 months into owning my first Tesla and I love it. I recently noticed that my front dashcam footage has been getting blurrier and blurrier in the past 2 weeks. I go look at the front cameras to make sure that they're clean and are free of any residue. But see what appears to be a "smudge" under the glass where the housing is. Is this something that I can fix or needs to go to a dealer to be resolved?
IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4091.JPG

Solution
UPDATE:

After having a day of full sun for the first time in almost two weeks here, the marks have gone away. I left the car out and had the defrost on for 25 minutes. This seemed to do the trick. We will see if it returns. Thanks for the help.

After:
IMG_4100.jpg
Hello everyone, I'm 3 months into owning my first Tesla and I love it. I recently noticed that my front dashcam footage has been getting blurrier and blurrier in the past 2 weeks. I go look at the front cameras to make sure that they're clean and are free of any residue. But see what appears to be a "smudge" under the glass where the housing is. Is this something that I can fix or needs to go to a dealer to be resolved? View attachment 986305

View attachment 986306

Please take it back to Tesla.

Tesla is increasingly finicky about things customers voiding their warranties.

Upvote 0
I would take it back. If something does break while you are cleaning it the cost maybe on you.

Of course, I see you're in Waco, so it's a drive to service :(

Perhaps they can do this as a mobile service if you submit the service request in the app.

Did you happen to get your front window tinted with any sort of heat blocking film?

Upvote 0