Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate frame fell off - best way to remove sticky tape from bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 Model S LR. Walked up to my car on a very hot day yesterday. It was facing into direct sun. The front license plate bracket had almost fallen off. I pulled it off.
Any tips for removing the sticky tape from the bumper?
1 - 1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
2022 Model S LR. Walked up to my car on a very hot day yesterday. It was facing into direct sun. The front license plate bracket had almost fallen off. I pulled it off.
Any tips for removing the sticky tape from the bumper?View attachment 828812
There are several you tube videos on this. Search remove front plate on a Tesla and you will be able to see what others used to safely remove the adhesive.

The "thumb roll" technique is much easier on your thumb's wear-and-tear if you use duct tape, which is reinforced with fiber strands. Dragging the duct across the bumper allows the tape's adhesive to grab and roll the adhesive which is stuck on the front bumper.

On my model 3, I installed clear Paint Protection Film behind the front license plate area, then installed the license plate holder with adhesive backed Velcro strips. This Velcro has been holding it in place for almost 4 years. I got the idea for the PPF from this video..

RPM Tesla Video; Installing License Plate PPF

Last edited: