Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, after I saw how it was done. I could also figure out relativity works after Einstein wrote all the formulas down. :) However, it is fairly cheap if you consider your time and the price of the hardware.

OK I am going to go out on a limb and say if you couldn't figure out what hardware they were using and just buy it, you have no chance of figuring out relativity even with the formulas :p

Sorry, couldn't help myself there :)

Haha! Actually, yes they will if you live in the Denver area! After the TMC Forum Member discount, the total cost is $136 including priority shipping. It does cost a bit more than a bent piece of plastic with sticky tape, toggle bolts from Home Depot or a bracket that also fits a Ford or a Hyundai. But, IMO, this $136 option beats getting $200 in tickets or doing over $1,000.00 in potential damage to a Tesla costing $60,000.00 plus.

Here is a free one - DIY - open source

3D print this design yourself if you have a 3D printer or on https://www.3dhubs.com

Using ABS Plastic for < $50, Using PLA for < $30

Open Source Link: sevuganhari/sood-tm3

I printed mine on https://www.3dhubs.com, images attached on github.

V2 might be better with ABS plastic.

For fixing license plates you can use

For fixing the holder to black grill, you can use M3x25mm bolt and nut.

I blv. ACE hardware / homedepot / lowes might carry one.

I am working on V3 that might include holes for less work - in drilling after 3D printing it.

• Informative
Reactions: Ludatik
So got our model 3 done in full ceramic pro the day after we took delivery. Now 2 weeks later and my plates arrived. I should have stuck the front brakes on before ceramic pro as the adhesive isn’t sticking. I guess the pro is doing its job. I also agree pre established screw holes would have been nice. My front plate will go on and never come off. As for the tow hole option when I took the cover off there is a (+) wire attached to the cover. So are people just leaving it there to dangle?

Last edited:
So got our model 3 done in full ceramic pro the day after we took delivery. Now 2 weeks later and my plates arrived. I should have stuck the front brakes on before ceramic pro as the adhesive isn’t sticking. I guess the pro is doing its job. I also agree pre established screw holes would have been nice. My front plate will go on and never come off. As for the tow hole option when I took the cover off there is a (+) wire attached to the cover. So are people just leaving it there to dangle?

That wire is used to jump start the battery in case your car is completely dead to the point that you can't even access the front trunk.

Here's an option worth looking at: The Slipstream Bracket for Model 3 requires NO adhesives, NO holes, NO magnets and it installs securely in about 2-3 minutes. Really easy! It allows full, unobstructed airflow into the cool air intakes and it directs wind force, vibration and road shock away from the plastic intake grille. Be sure to use code TMC15 at checkout for the discount. ThatGrin.com | Shop

Reactions: coleAK
Here's an option worth looking at: The Slipstream Bracket for Model 3 requires NO adhesives, NO holes, NO magnets and it installs securely in about 2-3 minutes. Really easy! It allows full, unobstructed airflow into the cool air intakes and it directs wind force, vibration and road shock away from the plastic intake grille. Be sure to use code TMC15 at checkout for the discount. ThatGrin.com | Shop

Tell your friends to send me one of those and I'll review it and post photos of the install process.

christ.... $160....