Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Mounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I just ordered a Mode 3 and estimated delivery is next month. I live in a state that requires front license plate.

Anyone have recommendations on front license plate mounts? A bunch come up in a search but curious to actual experiences.

thanks!

Reactions: hcdavis3
I live in CT - so had to purchase in NY. Still waiting for permanent plates, but I needed to mount my external EZ Pass transponder for a trip. The transponder fits over the front license plate, which is required in CT. I knew I was going to have to install some means to mount a front plate with the transponder, but I had no interest in using an adhesive to stick the plate mount to the car. Instead, I did something like this but using 1/4 x 5 in toggle bolts and a little weatherstripping.

front.jpg

detail.jpg

I'll mount the license plate when it finally gets here. Cost me about $5 and half an hour. Been through car wash with no problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesxtxt
Upvote 0
Hello,

I just ordered a Mode 3 and estimated delivery is next month. I live in a state that requires front license plate.

Anyone have recommendations on front license plate mounts? A bunch come up in a search but curious to actual experiences.

thanks!
I have a front plate from these guys. No drilling or tape.

Reactions: RudeDude
Upvote 0