Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front lights turning yellow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the multitude of brand new replacement lights that repeatedly fail, I'd say the answer is definitely no.

Just had this problem happen to me and I have a brand new Model S Long Range bought in September 2019 so they only lasted for one year. Hope they get this figured out soon or do we just have to hope we get the lucky set of lights that will last.

If you are out of warranty or they will not replace for free, might I suggest that you purchase a good set of used lamp assemblies for a few hundred each and replace them yourself? I have seen a few post on Youtube of people that are upgrading their lights through an exchange program.
Not noted in the video: Did they build those lights or buy them? Where might they be obtained?

Has Tesla fixed this problem with upgraded replacements? I have had two replacements and now another has turned yellow. I see ones on sale on eBay have different descriptions on the part # tag; Like "SAE UPLEVEL". I wonder if the stickers indicate ones have the defect fixed, which I assume Tesla has delt with it.

I bought my Model S 75D new in April 2018. Had one headlight turn yellow 7 months later, Tesla replaced it under warranty. The same replacement headlight is now turning yellow- Tesla mobile tech/Tesla is quoting $2,362.60 to replace it ($2,224 for the part, and $139 for .66 hours of labor). Nope. I can live with it.

Reactions: Cheburashka