Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front OEM mud flap re-install problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have installed the OEM mud flap on the front a few months ago, and recently just noticed the front passenger side one is missing. So I ordered another set, however, I could not push in the locking pin any more. Anyone had similar experience? Does it mean that the original pin had broken and some part are still inside? I attached a few pictures.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 313
  • 2.png
    2.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 145
If you are worried if the clip might be broken and there's a bit left over inside, you could try to take a small screwdriver and push it through. Anything remaining ought to get shoved out the back and fall out. It won't hurt anything laying there at the bottom of your bumper.

If you can push the screwdriver through cleanly without any resistance than likely there's nothing back there. If you do feel resistance but doesn't feel like a pin had "pushed through", it may just be some panels are misaligned? Push and see if you see any movement on the liner in the wheel-well? It might help to just jiggle some pieces around - I believe the original use of that clip is to attach the liner in the wheel-well to the body panel. It may be that the liner has shifted a little so the holes don't line up.

I have installed the OEM mud flap on the front a few months ago, and recently just noticed the front passenger side one is missing. So I ordered another set, however, I could not push in the locking pin any more. Anyone had similar experience? Does it mean that the original pin had broken and some part are still inside? I attached a few pictures.
I just busted one of the clips on my passenger side mud flap after driving over some iced-over snow. The hole into which the clip inserts looks very much like that. I bought some replacement "Tesla" clips that I saw recommended on reddit and we'll see whether they will insert or whether I'll have to figure something else out.

I just busted one of the clips on my passenger side mud flap after driving over some iced-over snow. The hole into which the clip inserts looks very much like that. I bought some replacement "Tesla" clips that I saw recommended on reddit and we'll see whether they will insert or whether I'll have to figure something else out.
Do you have a link? Having issues with the OEM clip on one side.

I have no idea if that's the right product or if it will fit in the hole that's there now. Once I receive, I'll update.
Well, I said I'd update--unfortunately before I received the clips from Bel-Metric, there was another snowstorm and my mudflap came off completely while driving through some snow somewhere. Had to contact Tesla service, who came out and replaced the passenger side mudflap for free.